By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Joshua Kempster

Here is a list of all the postings Joshua Kempster has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What lathe
23/01/2021 18:07:05

I think iv got a boxford cud sorted lol

23/01/2021 18:05:57

Don’t know about “dieseling pellets” but yeah correct yeah a calculation between pellet weight an speed equals power how ever you measure it in joules or foot pounds. Common pellets on the market do change the “power” but only by around 1/2 flb typically that’s why most manufacturers set rifles to around 11 ish with springers an they do creap up over time once bedded in. Pcps tend to be set a bit higher as the generally a lot mor consistent

23/01/2021 16:42:45

I think it’s the co2 rifles that go up in the heat but you could be right I ft 22 springer class I run mine at around 10.5flb for accuracy it lowers the recoil

23/01/2021 14:29:30

S410 is a lovely rifle

23/01/2021 13:05:51

That sounds ok I’ll look now

23/01/2021 12:53:12

Like not essentiall mate

23/01/2021 12:48:24

What about a proxxon pd400 any one got one?

23/01/2021 12:47:27

Yeah that’s exactly where am at

23/01/2021 12:39:14

So I’m currently looking at a boxford

23/01/2021 12:35:10

Correct I now in retrospect liked the myfords but didn’t like messing with gears. I also liked the db8vs but found it lacked in quality control and that electronic board an motor set up was in my opinion a bit toyish

23/01/2021 12:29:50

Yeah that was my thought so I got a load of aluminium to get right on my plan mate

23/01/2021 12:29:49

Yeah that was my thought so I got a load of aluminium to get right on my plan mate

23/01/2021 12:29:47

23/01/2021 12:24:54

This is a msg explaining what happenedk so being completely new to it I bought ml7 loads of gears broken but a good machine. When I got ok using it I moved on to thread cutting, watched a few vids an started. When going to engage the bk gear it was seized so I removed an inspected an came to find the vee pully assembly had been locked in with a large grub screw. So obviously I’m now stripping this down which was a challenge lol and while doing this realises it was knackered as well as the spindle so after rebuilding the whole shaft at great expense I put it bk together an it was cutting so I ordered a load of gears an a fixed steady an 2 new belts . Well belts came an it was a nightmare getting the top vee pully out as that was grubbed in with rounded grubs so hours later put the new belts on an realised because of the motor size I couldn’t tension the belts. Anyway I’d had enough now an sold it an got the db8vs which popped a fuse straight away on start up then again 10 mins later changed that an the board popped not even really using it. Took it back got it replaced an the new one wasnt cutting in the same place consistently on inspection realised that the lead screw was shifting under the force of me turning the carriage wheel so I looked to see if it was fixable and it wasn’t so I knocked up a collet with a m6 grub in it an fixed it to the lead screw an it was cutting then but it was a botch I couldn’t live with at1200 mate. So that’s the story lol an that’s why I was getting frustrated on the posts

23/01/2021 12:22:51

As I say I’m a novice an there is probably some truth to that

23/01/2021 11:31:38

You use a scuba tank to fill them

23/01/2021 11:30:32

I only have the old fashioned spring power rifles I’ve been messing with them for ever. Modern pcp pre charged pneumatic rifles hold magazines up 20 ish getting up to 300 shots per air fill. The legal limit is set to under 12 foot pounds but if you have a firearms certificate you can buy something like a daystate wolverine which would go up to around 7 times mor powerful for hunting. But as I said I’m a target shooter so less is best

23/01/2021 11:16:07

Iv got a hw80 which has had a custom one of 3 rosewood stock built by a absolute master also the internals have been built out of titanium which make it recoil free (almost) it’s a target rifle an shoots around 11flbs which is relatively low power but massively accurate the idea was to get quite good on the lathe an mill so in the end I can machine small parts out of titanium ie the moderator an safety catch and other bits.

23/01/2021 11:11:06

Ok apologies to all

23/01/2021 11:03:46

An I have come across like a idiot lol iv just had a expensive frustrating experience lol

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
JD Metals
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
cowells
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest