By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Peter Ellis 5

Here is a list of all the postings Peter Ellis 5 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Archer tapping chuck clutch
05/04/2021 15:14:38

So have I ! Ive an Archer No 20 and would be interested in seeing a manual. Any takers ?

Thread: Bandsaw overhang
11/03/2021 11:12:24

That is odd. I replied to this and now I cannot see it. The IT side does seem a bit unusual.

Anyway, thank you for the ideas. I do use a machinist´s jack to equalize the jaws, but Gary´s idea is more versatile. The Rapidor plates sound interesting and ´minding the gap´ is food for thought.

Now to find some plate. Things were much easier in London !

Cheers

Peter

10/03/2021 22:17:49

I have a shortish 75mm bar I need a slice off. I am minded to bolt it to something that the vice can hold better. What would you do ?

Thread: Model Engineers Handbook
10/03/2021 16:46:01
Posted by Bo'sun on 10/03/2021 15:25:51:

So who is Lyle Peterson (Tubal Cain)?

He is an American retired metalworking teacher. I think his later videos dropped the Tubal Cain name after complaints. Whilst the name is Biblical, Tom Walshaw used it for 50 years and although it was disrespectful of Tom, I don´t think he was aware of him.

Thread: Burgess Bandsaw upgrade
07/03/2021 19:49:13

I am now needing to sort out an old Burgess bandsaw. I sold a good Proxxon one recently and now find, inevitably, that I need one again.

Apparently Vol 170 issue 3944 & vol 172 issue 3962 have articles on improving them, but despite having lots of back numbers and scans, those aren´t amongst them.

Can anyone assist please ?

TIA

Peter

Thread: MEW#40 Hobbymat Change Gear banjos
06/03/2021 14:40:26
Posted by noel shelley on 06/03/2021 12:24:30:

Hi Pete, I have it in front of me, what do you need to know ?

Item 2.2 22 to centre of hole, 26 to centre of slot - total 48. slot 8. 50 to left 41 to right of centre of large hole. Noel

Edited By noel shelley on 06/03/2021 12:30:46

Thank you very much. Just what I needed. I was guessing some of them, as they weren´t sharp enough to read on mine.

06/03/2021 14:37:55
Posted by Gary Wooding on 06/03/2021 11:32:31:

Is this what you want?

mew #40 page 57.jpg

Yes ! Thank you very much indeed. I can read this perfectly.

06/03/2021 04:13:25

Hi

I came to make this yesterday and discovered that I couldn´t read the dimensions. Some are illegible. I thought I could work them out from mating parts, but they were unfortunately illegible, too.

Does anyone have a copy from which they could give me some dimensions please ? I´m particularly interested in the slot dimensions and positions.

Many thanks

Peter

Thread: Bench Drill Press speed
31/01/2021 16:21:09

The link no longer seems to work.

Has anyone else managed to install a speed reduction on one of these cheap Chinese drill stands ?

Cheers

Peter

Thread: Boxford Metric conversion gears info
14/01/2021 15:02:08

Does the Yahoo one still work ? There is a good Facebook Boxford group

Thread: Stent Tool Grinder
20/12/2020 11:52:33
Posted by Roger Vane on 29/09/2009 12:21:50:

Charles has now written a further series of very helpful articles, currently being published in MEW. There has also been a series of articles on using the Clarkson in recent issues of MEW and as the Stent is based on the Clarkson, these too have been very helpful.

As this was historical, can anyone help with the follow on MEW issue numbers please ?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
rapid Direct
walker midge
emcomachinetools
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
JD Metals
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest