By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for bjk896

Here is a list of all the postings bjk896 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Plastic Chuck
14/10/2021 10:21:11

Just to clarify - My Indian experience was with the dealer not the chuck and resulted in a PayPal refund after 5 months, Begs the question - is there only one Indian manufacturer or several ?

For the lathe work I do, I'm quite happy to go India if I could be certain of the experience and the product.

JasonB - Thanks -the backplate option might be the way to go although setting it up might be a problem I shall look at resolving

14/10/2021 05:15:33

Interesting comments thanks fellas

Apart from India do you know of a source for a 50mm (maybe 65mm OK) independent 4 jaw ?

I found it on ebay Australia website. It was a "Cool Tool" from Model Hobbies UK for $50AUD

13/10/2021 10:58:24

I have had a Unimat 3 for past 30 or so years used for a wide variety of projects and working with many materials.

I had always wanted an independent 4 jaw chuck to facilitate making bits from irregular stock as well as offset jobs

Naturally (!) I left it too late in life to get a "proper" one.

Following a very bad experience with an Indian supplier I came across an ad for a plastic 4 jaw independent. I have no idea what sort of plastic it might be made from.

Now, I've washed my mouth out and swallowed my pride and removed any concept of rip off from my mind as well as acknowledging that I would often use it to turn projects in PVC and Polypropelene and pose the question --

Would I be out of my brain to get one ?

Anyone with experiences with them and what materials have you used in them?

Comments please

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
JD Metals
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
MIDLNDS GARDEN RAIL Jan 2022
cowells
rapid Direct
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest