By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mark Davies 4

Here is a list of all the postings Mark Davies 4 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Doncaster 2022 Exhibition - is it on?
19/04/2022 07:28:58

Hi, you mention a midlands show, what is the name of this show so i can search for info please. Ta.

Thread: Hello from Lincoln
20/03/2022 14:15:00

Hi Nick,

I too am from lincoln, nice to see you on here. So much info available.
All the folks are very helpfull.

Thread: Converting brick outhouse to (very small) workshop...
15/03/2022 06:19:26

Hi Andy,

i have an outhouse in my back yard tiny bit smaller, and only just enough space width wise for an SC3 lathe, leaving about 6-7 inch to do change gear swapping. I also have a small bench drill in there.

i have made 2 small stationary engines on mine, so there is hope for you. You just have to be imaginative, and use wall space under bench space etc.

dont drop anything tiny cos bending down searching aint fun

good luck

mark

Thread: Screw cutting problem
14/03/2022 16:43:22

That finish is perfect. Well done for getting a decent pic of that.

Thread: Stewart Harts Horizontal Engine build
17/02/2022 19:37:01

Cheers jason. I really wanna get on with this but i have so little time at the mo, but getting there slowly. Rveryones help is very much appreciated.

17/02/2022 19:19:59

Hi folks, im about to start to assemble my parts for this engine.

I know that i have to put gland packing behind gland on the valve chest , but does any go behind the cylinder hex headed gland type fitting that the piston rod goes through.

cheers in advance for any help.

05/02/2022 10:45:52

Brilliant. Thankyou jason.

05/02/2022 09:22:40

Brilliant. Thats what i thought as the dimensions were all in the same ball park. Thankyou. Jason.

is there a way i can set it up so i get a notification on my phone if my post gets a reply?

cheers. Take care.

05/02/2022 03:22:38

Thanks for the help about studs n nuts guys.
im just going to start to assemble the engine to the base now so not far to go now.

does the height of the centre of the cylinder, the slide and the crank shaft have to be the same height exactly from the base. I assume they do, but drawing is vauge on this and was after a bit of valued knowledge please.

thankyou.

24/01/2022 21:58:16

Thanks very much for the replies gents. Studs n nuts it is.
I will use metric ones for this build as i dont have any BA taps and have plenty of metric ones. Probably change my mind after payday!!

thanks again.

Mark

23/01/2022 09:06:11

Hi all,

Im currently half way thro this project and was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the fixing i should use, eg studding with nuts or hex headed bolts. Think whatever i decide i will make them from brass.

thanks.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Support Our Partners
Rapid RC
Eccentric July 5 2018
Dreweatts
Eccentric Engineering
cowells
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate