By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Dunthorne 1

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Dunthorne 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warco WM250v VFD. Start problem.
14/07/2020 17:18:52

Doesn't look like a lot of interest, but I promised....

Replaced switch and all good. Only thing was, as soon as I unplugged the wires from the original switch it became immediately apparent the fifth wire (the solenoid drive wire) had NEVER been attached to its slip-on connector plug, never crimped, just loosely sitting in the plug, so for thirteen years, this had just been on the cusp of working.

Old switch was fine after all.

No worries, one of those things.

12/07/2020 12:52:09

I have a 2007 WM250 which has just gone wrong this weekend. If I press the ON button, the motor turns on, and speed control works too, but if I release the button, it will not remain latched on. I unbolted the front panel,so the button panel was loose in my hand, and tried this again. I notice the KEDU KJD17B NVR (no volts release) switch buzzes when I press ON in a rather loud and unusual manner. It certainly is not latching either. This switch is a 5 pin switch which is readily available on Amazon for about £18. I have ordered one for next week.

Of course, the 5th pin is provided a latching mains signal and this comes via all the interlocks etc, but the fact it buzzes so much must mean there is power to the solenoid, and yet it still is not latching, so I suspect the switch is failed internally.

I will happily report back when I get the replacement fitted. I hope that may be of interest to other owners.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
EngineDIY
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
ChesterUK
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest