By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Chris George

Here is a list of all the postings Chris George has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Boxford missing a Nut
23/05/2020 19:42:56

So I finally jumped in and brought myself a Boxford Lathe, and currently just fixing all the issues. Managed to figure out how to take the play out the cross slides etc.

However just notices a small bolt missing. The thread is a little damaged but looks like it could be a M6x1.25. But as it’s a British machine made in 1952 I’m surprised it’s metric?

Anyone have any pearls of wisdom or knowledge they can shine on the situation.

Thread: Shaft Tolerance
14/05/2020 06:53:11

Im new to machining parts and was wandering about the correct Dia to machine a shaft to?

I have a shaft that has a bush (20mm ID) pressed onto the end giving it a snug fit. What size do I machine the shaft to to ensure the snug fit but not to split the bush when pressing it into position?

Regards Chris

Thread: Tig Welder recommendation
13/05/2020 21:42:00

Everyone will have their own opinion of whats cheap, however I tried the cheap TIG inverter a few years ago, needless to say it serverd as a starting point and a learning exercise. Six months later I sold all the Cheap stuff and went for a R-Tech. Very happy with the upgrade.

Thread: Hello from Kent
13/05/2020 21:26:06

Hello everyone, Im new to the forum and im kicking myself I have not discovered this forum sooner. Seems to be full of like minded people who I could easily share a pint with and discuss different ongoing projects.

Thread: Carbide Insert Designations & Suppliers
13/05/2020 21:14:55

I am glad I found this thread, Im looking to get carbide tips and was wandering where to start looking. Thanks for the info..

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Warco
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
EngineDIY
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest