By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Nick Tolhurst

Here is a list of all the postings Nick Tolhurst has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Centec 2B power feed gears and gearbox internals.
12/04/2020 19:49:48

Just realised also that as well as the diameter of the worm I need to know the number of teeth on the wheel it meshes with as well...sorry !

12/04/2020 19:37:24

Actually having just done a quick calculation on the dimension given on that caliper it turns out the gears are 20DP.

Thats the same as the gears on a Myford gear train. Went out to my workshop to test that out on the one remaining gear I have on the Centec and yes, it's true, it meshes nicely with gears from my Myford ML10 lathe.

Should be able to make some more ratios then maybe ? Worth knowing anyway !

Edited By Nick Tolhurst on 12/04/2020 19:38:16

12/04/2020 18:16:16

Thanks Geoff for the help I've sent you a message and will be posting up photos of what I have shortly.

Thanks also to Gary, terrific photo's, many thanks for them. Do you have a side on photo of those gears to give me a clue of the length of the dog clutch pins ?

Also what;s the overall diameter of that worm wheel ?

Cheers ! Nick.

11/04/2020 18:54:50

Does anyone have a Centec Mill with a power traverse on the table ?

I have a Centec 2B with some parts of the power feed gearbox intact.

However I only have the gear that fits on the leadscrew and the fork that engages with a gear that slides along a shaft to disengage the feed.

I can see from some pictures on the web and from the parts list some of the gears and the number of teeth can be counted. However I need details of the gear that the fork engages with and the worm and wheel that connects to the motor.. I need to know diameters and the number of teeth. Also there appears to be a number of parts that engage wtth the slotted gear on the fork to act as a dog clutch. The details of these parts are not clear.

Also I dont have the plate that encloses the end of the cast box althogh I can probably guess that.

Any details of a suitable motor would be great too as I dont have that either !

I know the originalwas a Brook Gryphon 1/8 horsepower. any ideas for a replacement ?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers Nick.

Thread: CENTEC DIVIDING HEAD
30/03/2020 09:32:58

Fantastic !

Very grateful.

Pity I missed that on Ebay !

Do you have a Centec mill yourself ?

25/03/2020 19:50:40

Hello,

Does anyone have an original Centec dividing head ?

If so, any chance of some nice "square on" photos of it from ech side, front . top and bottom.?

I'd like to make an accurate copy to go with my Centec 2B Mill.

Thanks.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
emcomachinetools
cowells
ChesterUK
Allendale Electronics
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest