By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steviegtr

Here is a list of all the postings Steviegtr has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Letterboxes
30/11/2021 15:08:59

The next door neighbour had a Staffy dog. It could read. It always shredded the Hubby's letters & left the wife's undamaged.

Well it made me laugh when he told me that.

Steve.

Thread: sx3 mill again im afraid
30/11/2021 15:01:04

This is another example of why this Forum is so good.

Always someone to help with the odd problem. Great result.

Steve.

Thread: Volkswagen
30/11/2021 14:37:25

It' a bit like going back to the 1960's. Buy a new car. Example a Ford Anglia. It would last around 10 yrs before falling apart with rust.

Buy a New EV. 10yrs & it is either scrap or worthless & sold as spares or repair.

Only difference being the purchase cost is much, much higher.

Steve.

Thread: Hi from Birmingham
26/11/2021 15:16:42

Hello Michael. Welcome. I hope the venture into this hobby is a long & fruitful one. Lots to learn & no better place to come than here. The forum has a vast knowledge base ready to share.

If you want to choose machines for the workshop, or help with a project or tooling then ask away. You will get a mixture of replies , but most are answers from seasoned model engineers.

Steve.

Thread: Finished
25/11/2021 22:33:15

What a nice looking engine. Now you just have to make a boiler to go with it.

Steve.

Thread: show us your workshop.
25/11/2021 19:28:14
Posted by Jon Lawes on 25/11/2021 19:04:41:

I certainly hope you are not discouraged from posting videos of your work; the more model engineering content knocking around the better.

The only reason I don't post my work is it's not very good and I take criticism a little too much to heart. It's a rather childish trait but I just can't seem to shake it off.

I agree with above Jon. I have made a lot of messed up bits. Isn't that called being Human. Definately don't be put off.

Steve.

Thread: Citic acid
25/11/2021 16:58:48

Some folk just use lemon juice.

Steve.

25/11/2021 16:57:29
Posted by John Hinkley on 25/11/2021 16:34:06:

You are welcome to have a peek at my workshop, if you would like to. Here it is in all its glory - though the machines have changed a little since I filmed this .........

John

Hi John. I saw this video on youtube 11 months ago. At that time i subscribed to your channel.

I do like the Milling machine, looks like good quality. Also the surface grinder. Wish i had more room,

Steve.

25/11/2021 16:44:01
Posted by SillyOldDuffer on 25/11/2021 13:06:49:
Posted by Steviegtr on 25/11/2021 01:24:14:
Posted by Oily Rag on 24/11/2021 12:38:47:

I am afraid I fall into the negative camp on this issue Steve. ...

You are obviously in a minority of folk that thinks the world is after them. I am being watched an all etc etc. ...

Steve.

Thanks for that. But Leeds has over 3 million people, so pretty vague on my location. And less than an hour later, Jon posted: I've pinged you a message with your house number on ... it was a three minute search, ...

That was from a picture i posted of my van & car. Showing the house No Not a address search. Oddly that picture was taken on my Son's driveway some time ago.

Not sure who would go to the trouble of finding me just to rob my crown jewels. Even if they did it would be hard to even get in. Obviously i cannot divulge my security. For over 7 years i installed security equipment (residential). So it is pretty secure. So I will not frown upon comments of security , but will take heed & be careful not to show anything that would lead the wrong sort to my door. Thanks for the advice though. However i will not stop making the vids, it is something i enjoy doing. 

Steve.

Edited By Steviegtr on 25/11/2021 16:46:43

25/11/2021 01:44:34
Posted by peak4 on 24/11/2021 23:53:08:

Here's my previous one before Jane found us this house and I ended up with two double garages.
Toasty warm as there was 3" insulation in walls and roof, I think it was 6'x12'
workshop 1_dxo.jpg
All a bit tight really;
Clockwise from the left of the door, Cupboards out of view, Clarkson, Pillar drill, linisher/disk sander, double ended polishing spindle, double ended grinder, bandsaw, bench drill, Dore Westbury mill, workbench at the back with pigeon holes above, fly press, bench with 6" vice, and welders beneath, Centec on a trolley, with Manchester Rapidor minor under the end, Myford S7, more cupboards out of view to the right.
The pan stand in front of the Myford, stored the chucks, and had a train set transformer on top, feeding the home brewed power cross feed on the Myford.

Bill

Oh my god Bill that is amazing. It just shows what can be had in a small space.

Steve.

25/11/2021 01:24:14
Posted by Oily Rag on 24/11/2021 12:38:47:

I am afraid I fall into the negative camp on this issue Steve. As a friend of mine commented many years ago about Social Media "No good will ever come out of it"

What I don't understand is why anyone would want to make a video of their workshop, let alone why anyone would want to look at it. I avoid all SM like the plague and see it as inhabited by those with a weakness driven by vanity.

What exactly does giving you a 'thumbs up' do? Does it link me to your SM network in some way that egregious organisations can make assumptions about my preferences? If people put up YooToob links I ignore them - I have probably only ever watched any YT content on a handful of occasions and found it all to be extremely sad. Far better to communicate by the written word on a forum such as this, to a known fraternity of like minded souls.

Sorry if my views have offended, I must say however, that I do enjoy your contributions to this forum.

Hi oily rag. I am not in any way offended by your comment. In fact i am delighted that there are people out there in such denial, that they think that txt is the way to go. Long live text.

You are obviously in a minority of folk that thinks the world is after them. I am being watched an all etc etc. My video's & there will be many more to come are not for the likes of you. In fact you remind me of my Dad, I looked up to him & thought he was some sort of God. It was only after his demise that i realised he was actually a total plonker. I probably am too.

But my youtube video's are not for people like you but for lots of guys & even gals that want to see this sort of thing. You are obviously a very educated individual that can learn nothing from anyone, because you are the Elite. Take care.

P.S you do need to watch the video's i upload, because i think you would benefit from my logical way of doing things. Disclaimer . I love this forum & feel glad to be a member of it.

P.S.S where would you ever see a father & Son do a road trip in a 600bhp Jaguar Ftype in txt. You have to broaden you horizon's. Video is the way to go. Remember Betamax & VHS. Sorry just messing. 

P.S.S.S For gods sake do not give me a thumbs up. It will take you to a place in oblivian. Or it will just give me some more positive feed back for my little channel. My vanity i am not sure of. Not sure what it means. Or does it mean look at me , i am great. If so then you are wrong. I have never thought i was great in any way. I am learning still at 69 years of age. 

Steve.

Edited By Steviegtr on 25/11/2021 01:33:15

Edited By Steviegtr on 25/11/2021 01:41:40

Thread: Eletronic Prescriptions
24/11/2021 19:27:01

I used to have to traipse to the docs every month to post a prescription for my meds. For over a year now i have the NHS app on the phone. I request a few days before i need them & then go round to the counter & they are always there. I know a lot of folk don't do tech , but the app has never let me down.

Steve.

Thread: Help Identify this Myford 7 lathe
24/11/2021 18:18:12

They show up ok using the http link.

If any bits are missing you may find them on ebay. But do a good search as there's a lot of dealers, who strip them.

Just to sell the parts at a high price.

Steve.

24/11/2021 18:11:40
Posted by Bill Phinn on 24/11/2021 17:19:45:

Thanks to Steve, John, and Jason for showing us their workshops.

Since I never get to see anyone else's workshop in the flesh and no-one in my family ever had a workshop before me, it's helpful to see the things forum members have and how they organise them.

Your welcome Bill.

Steve.

Thread: Oil Pots
24/11/2021 15:53:27

What a great project. Top quality. I see you even stamped the inside of the lids.

Steve.

24/11/2021 15:20:28
Posted by JasonB on 24/11/2021 13:09:01:

The Readers wives Workshops articles in MEW have always been quite well recieved so there must be quite a few who like being nosy. Plus there are often comments on here about things seen in the background of photos that encourage conversation.

As you have shown us your's Steve, its only right that I should show you mine. This thread is basically what was in the MEW article on my workshop

Jason that is definately much tidier than mine. The Warco 280 looks bigger than i thought they were. Regards.

Steve.

24/11/2021 03:36:37
Posted by Jon Lawes on 24/11/2021 01:59:02:

Make sure you always keep your location nice and vague; you don't want the wrong sort of people knowing what sort of tools and security you have.

Best of luck with your channel

Thanks for that. But Leeds has over 3 million people, so pretty vague on my location.

Steve.

24/11/2021 01:56:54

I have started a series on youtube about . Show us your workshop. It is going to be quite a long series & probably get a lot of bad comments on this site, due to Old men like me not liking other old men's posts.

But what the Hell. I do what i do & a lot of people seem to appreciate it. Especially those with a little knowledge of engineering. I fall into that bracket. My Son tonight said Dad, you are the cleverest man i know. You seem to always work things out in a way i cannot understand.

I must admit that i have a strange way of working things out using what i call Logic. Sometimes i get it wrong & sometimes correct. So have a watch of my latest series . I know a lot of you forum members have the similar Logic to me. That is why you make the things you do. Whether it be steam or IC. or other. You all have a gift that most people do not. Be proud guys & gals. If you like then please give me a thumbs up. If not & you know who you are then slag me down as usual.

Starting with the Lathe. show us your workshop

Steve

Thread: Lathe upgrade HELP - M300
16/11/2021 22:44:40

Not had much to do with transverters. But a friend had one & used to start the machine which ran horribly for a few seconds. Then he turned a switch on the front of the transverter & away it went. Not sure why.

Steve.

Thread: Availability of a T33 & T34 Myford Change Gears?
15/11/2021 19:04:15

I bought mine around 18 months ago from Myford/ RDG. I think they are out of stock as Kev is making some now. Look him up. Youtube. Mr Factotums workshop.

Steve.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
cowells
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
rapid Direct
JD Metals
walker midge
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest