By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Alex Hodge

Here is a list of all the postings Alex Hodge has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: WARCO 10% off this weekend
25/01/2020 10:38:31

I've had the rotary table on my want list for a while now.

Just tried and got it with the 10% off.

Sorry to hear about your "out of stock" but many thanks for the 10% heads up as I would have missed it.

Alex

Thread: Suppliers of brass, aluminium, bronze etc
11/12/2019 06:22:04

Richard

I've had a couple of orders from Macc Models. No problems. Like you I am building up a stockpile.

Every time I order something, I chuck in a couple of extras of different sizes. Bound to come in useful some day...

Alex

Thread: Hello from the North East
07/12/2019 10:21:50

SP

Welcome. I am in a similar position to you. I have a lathe (Sieg C3). I already have a pillar drill and am starting to make a simple oscillating steam engine, this will be followed by a simple boiler.

The lack of Milling facilities is hampering me and I looking to get a bench top milling machine next. Probably Sieg SX2P.

I'm a bit further north than you (Morpeth in Northumberland).

As for York. Went there about 20 years ago.. loved it. Need to go again soon.

Alex

Thread: New member in Northumberland
14/11/2019 16:40:24

Joined the forum about a week ago. been lurking here reading messages.,thought i should participate.

Always been interested in model engineering. Learnt to use a lathe, milling machine, forge, casting etc at school some 30 plus years ago.

Bought a Sieg c3 7 years ago, but been sitting gathering dust.

Finally built a workshop in the garden (4.5 metres square) and am looking to get back into making things with my hands again. (My current career is in IT!)

Looking to get a mill next. Like the looks of the Sieg sx2p. currently seems to be out of stock. Gives me some time to get Santa (SWMBO) onto my side!

Alex

Thread: Traction Talk Forum
14/11/2019 16:32:00
Posted by Harry Wilkes on 13/11/2019 22:05:48:

Not wishing to highjack MichaelR thread but could I ask how important are HTTPS websites to members ? The reason I ask is I maintain a website for my club Link and I,m asking myself is it work spending yet more of the members money on security certificates.

H

Harry

You can get valid security certificates for free. I have a weather web site and it was triggering security messages. So I used "Let's Encrypt" to get the certificates.They renew automatically (for free) every 90 days which avoids the dreaded expiry of a certificate.

Alex

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
EngineDIY
cowells
Warco
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest