By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Nick M0NPH

Here is a list of all the postings Nick M0NPH has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: High blood pressure !
29/01/2020 06:51:26

Yes same as been on them since i was 45 now 62 so they work ! and you just get used to them

and as above its better than the alternative

Nick

Thread: Help choosing my lathe
22/01/2020 17:41:04

If you have / get a DRO fitted it wont matter as that will work in both

just an idea

Thread: UV Cure Resin
24/12/2019 18:28:19

Hi Neil

have a look at fly fishing equipment i am sure that they use uv cure resin for fly tying

Nick

Thread: DRO problems
30/11/2019 08:42:26

Not the sort of service i would have expected from this company especially given the price of them

not impressed

Nick

Thread: which lathe?
28/11/2019 06:56:27

Hi Jamie

i have just got a new Chester DB10 lathe and up to now am very happy with it

but of corse it depends what you want to spend on a lathe as mentioned above if its just to repair a turn table

it's an expensive way to go but generally i think Chester machines are quite good for the money

Thread: Hello from the Lake District
17/11/2019 21:41:08

Hello and welcome i don't have a Drummond lathe but have a look hear

http://www.lathes.co.uk/drummond-m-type-post-1924/

Nick M0NPH

Edited By Nick M0NPH on 17/11/2019 21:41:59

Thread: evening course
14/11/2019 07:00:29

I Think the main reason for the lack of evening courses or night school is that successive governments have decided that the likes of hair dressing Etc was far more important than any form of engineering and so the Tec collage's have been closed / sold off for housing or just teach some arty farty class that would not teach you how to run a bath let alone anything useful

Nick

Thread: Hello from Wyoming
09/11/2019 20:15:56

Hi John

Carterton is not far away from me in Banbury

i am guessing you may have been at Fairford or maybe not

Nick

Thread: New lathe next week
05/11/2019 21:10:11

Yes Martin your right about the rugby

and i have a few things to make for my radio antenna mast like a rotator and a few other things to keep me going through the winter just until i pluck up courage to get myself an engine from the engineers emporium !!

Nick

05/11/2019 20:13:43

Well as promised my new lathe arrived today will get it set up tomorrow and put up some photos

so far could not have had any better service from Chester machine tools top marks

Nick

Edited By Nick Holden 1 on 05/11/2019 20:14:31

Thread: Metal supplies
03/11/2019 14:52:20

just found this

www.mallardmetals.co.uk

look like some handy sizes in stock . never used them so not a recommendation

Nick

Thread: Sourcing an elusive Rubber-Ring!
02/11/2019 13:35:12

Your local Caterpillar dealer may be able to help as a lot of cat machines use square section o rings

in hydraulic fittings

Nick

Thread: New lathe next week
01/11/2019 18:08:44

Good evening all

Having bought a new Chester DB10 at the show its being delivered next Tuesday and having the week off work to play !!

My question is never having had a DRO on a machine could you all give me some advice as to whether i should get one or not are they worth having i am thinking that they are at least easy to reed

some advice please

Nick

Thread: Additives to kerosene for degreasing?
30/10/2019 21:59:56

At work i am sure that our parts washer use's Kerosene and i always then spray it over with brake cleaner and that just takes the residue off

Nick

Thread: Colchester Master Mk1 lifting + moving advice
28/10/2019 06:46:15

7/8 Whitworth but i think you should be ok with UNC or i think you can get / make a plate that goes under the slide and clamps on top with an eye bolt

Nick

Thread: Australian Model Traction Engine Rally 2019
25/10/2019 06:54:09

All looking good to me

A longer bit of film would have been better i could watch them for hours !!

Nick

Edited By Nick Holden 1 on 25/10/2019 06:55:04

Thread: MIDLANDS MODEL ENGINEERING EXHIBITION
19/10/2019 16:19:58

Just back from a very enjoyable visit to the show met up with some old friends went in for a breakfast roll and surprised after reading above comments that i went straight up to the counter for my bacon and sausage roll and no problem getting some ware to sit also had a very pleasant visit to the Chester Machine Stand managed to get every thing that i was after new Lathe and bits and bobs all with a 10% discount along with free delivery so very pleased. All in all i thought that it was a very good show some very good engineering work on display

Nick

17/10/2019 21:35:25

Any good deals to be had i will be going on Saturday looking to get myself a new lathe so hoping Chester are doing some show deals . or am i just being over optimistic ?

Nick

Edited By Nick Holden 1 on 17/10/2019 21:37:00

Thread: Lister advice
17/10/2019 19:04:46

Martin P is your man for anything Lister

Nick

Thread: Oil Level Sight Glass
15/10/2019 20:51:53

http://www.berger-tools.co.uk/

this might help not used them but google is my friend !!smiley

Nick

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Allendale Electronics
Eccentric July 5 2018
EngineDIY
ChesterUK
Warco
emcomachinetools
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest