By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Harry Crowther

Here is a list of all the postings Harry Crowther has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hello from Somerset
24/06/2019 11:26:36

Welcome back to the forum Chris. I've started getting into railway modelling this year. I'm currently building my first layout and I've just finished making the baseboard.

Harry

Thread: Building a model railway baseboard
13/06/2019 13:27:04

Thanks Neil. I bought these ones: **LINK**. I managed to collect them to save on postage costs too.

Harry

11/06/2019 09:06:27

Thanks Dave

Thread: Drilling holes for plastite screws
10/06/2019 13:10:38

I've found this guideline document for plastite screws: **LINK**

I've noticed that there is a range of recommended pilot hole sizes rather than just one. Does this mean that I should start at the lower end of the range for soft resins and the larger end of the scale for hard resins?

Thread: Building a model railway baseboard
10/06/2019 10:06:51

I'm looking to build my first layout from plywood and birch. I've built the H leg assemblies, but now the design calls for 'lock washers' for the angle braces. I've had a look online and there seems to be various different types. Afnor washers and Nord-Lock washers have good reviews, has anyone had any experience of using these?

Thanks,

Harry

Thread: Midlands Garden Rail Show
10/06/2019 09:23:46

Thank you. They both look like a good way to meet experts to get some tips and ideas.

07/06/2019 15:13:46

Do you know if this event will be running again this year? I'm looking for some exhibitions or rail modelling events to go to, but so far, they all seem to be in spring next year!

Does anyone know if there are any model engineering events that are taking place this year?

Harry

04/06/2019 16:41:06

Hi Jeff,

Thanks very much for the information. I have a few applications where I'm going to start using plastite screws.

Do you happen to know if the pilot hole depends on the type of plastic that I use, or is it ok if I just make a pilot hole that is the same size as the core diameter of the plastite screw?

Thanks

Harry

Thread: Super 7 - Best way to use ER25 Collets
04/06/2019 16:35:37

I got my ER collets from here : **LINK**. Might be worth having a look, especially if you need other engineering components.

Harry,

Thread: NME&MEX Doncaster
03/06/2019 13:28:28

Does anyone know when the next show will be. Is it in May 2020 in Harrogate?

Thanks,

Harry

31/05/2019 15:32:03

Hi,

I'm thinking about using 'Plastite' screws to save time tapping holes.

Has anyone got any experience using these please?

Harry,

Thread: Pivoting bolt
30/05/2019 14:01:49

Perhaps try a castle nut and split pin such as these: **LINK** or maybe you could use a different type of locking nut ?

Thread: Source of Machined Nuts
23/05/2019 11:13:10

Maybe try Accu : **LINK**

Harry

Thread: Hello
21/05/2019 13:11:19

Hi Philip, welcome to the forum.

Harry

Thread: What a brilliant young man
16/05/2019 12:52:31

I hadn't heard of Theo's channel until now. Very impressive workshop and some great ideas for 3D printing. My new 3D printer has arrived this morning and I can't wait to try it out.

Thread: Threading 1/8 stainless steel
16/05/2019 12:13:23

ER collets usually work best for me because there are more contact points than a 3 jaw chuck.

I get mine from Accu: **LINK**

Harry

Thread: Thread locking
17/04/2019 16:45:49

I would use longer screws and lock nuts. I read on the Accu website that left handed screws can be used to create deliberate incompatibility to counteract the screws working loose with rotation.

Thread: ACME vs lead screw
17/04/2019 15:43:55

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between a 'trapezoidal lead screw' and a 'ACME lead screw'? Or is ACME the brand name?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
Meridienne oct 2019
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
TRANSWAVE Converters
cowbells
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest