By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Chris Short 1

Here is a list of all the postings Chris Short 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warco lathe Users
06/05/2019 06:05:51

Thanks Guys.

I’d looked at Grizzly in the past but never been able to find a machine that closely resembled mine. The link you sent is spot on.

Other than mine being a metric lathe, the one online is identical! As you say, the Grizzly manuals are far superior to anything I’ve seen to date I did find a War o manual online a few days ago and it was less than 20 pages whilst the Grizzly one is 146 pages

Many thanks again

Chris

05/05/2019 16:05:15

Thank very much for your replies. Gray, I fear I may be picking your brains for some time to come.

You've nailed it for me. Now let’s try it out and see 👍

chris

05/05/2019 12:56:29

Hi everyone

I have recently bought a Warco GH1330 lathe. I am quietly impressed with it so far, but as usual with this kind of thing, the instruction manual is useless.

Its a metric lathe but I can’t figure out if I can cut imperial threads with it. The legend on the lathe has the relevant gear and lever settings for imperial threading but there’s one item that is puzzling me.

For imperial threading, the legend only specified the tooth count of two of the three gears required. Where the third gear is normally specified, there’s simply an arrow. Does anyone have any experience of threading with this machine or know what the arrow symbol means. Additionally, I have misplaced the manual so I’m not able to refer to that for whatever misguided help that it might offer.

Any my help or info will be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

chris

Thread: Boxford VM30
17/03/2019 15:34:42

My Boxford seems to be getting a little warm around the area of the spindle bearing

Ive stripped the shaft out, cleaned and inspected the bearing and it’s in pristine condition

I’ve re-greased it and refitted it yet it’s still getting warm

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks

Thread: Cold Blue
17/03/2019 15:20:50

i would like to cold blue some of the workshop tools I have made

What make of solution do you recommend from your own experience and where can I get it from

thanks

Thread: Imperial Milling Machine
12/03/2019 09:02:11

Hi Everyone

This will be my first post so be gentle

i currently have a metric milling machine(Boxford VM30) which has served me well

However, I am looking to buy a larger mill and have found a suitable unit but it is an imperial unit

Given that I will be fitting a 3 axis DRO what if any impact would it being imperial have on its ease of use

i have enquired about the availability of metric leadscrews so I can convert it. Has anyone done this sort of conversion? How did it turn out?

many thanks

chris

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
TRANSWAVE Converters
Warco
cowbells
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
Meridienne Dec 4th 2019
Eccentric Engineering
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest