By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for JC54

Here is a list of all the postings JC54 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Modern equivellent idea's please
15/02/2019 20:44:41

I agree with S.O.D. have just replaced single phase motor on my old drummond "M" with a 3 phase + VFD. A lot smoother and variable speed forward and reverse. JC

Thread: Digital speed display
01/02/2019 21:43:23

Being a learner machinist but having "tinkered" with electronics I have fitted a tachometer to both of my lathes (a 1906 Drummond and a 1946 Myford/Drummond) and have found them a great help. I do not stick rigidly to the recommended RPM for a job but find the tachos get me into the correct ballpark. I have made my own Tachometers for roughly £10.00 each. Both lathes are running 3 phase motors via inverters. John

Thread: Hi from East Lincolnshire
31/01/2019 22:12:18

Evening Adrian, I am also in Lincolnshire but in the West. Grantham area. There are several of us here who meet up regularly and have just started going to the Melton Mowbray and District Model Engineering Society meetings and Steam Ups at Whissendine. They are a very friendly, helpfull and knowledgable group. John

Thread: The Diamond Tool Holder
22/01/2019 20:53:01

Duncan, Norman toolholder is standard on Drummond M topslide, so I made one to bolt onto the crosslide, made several holders for different tools with height adjusting screw, easy QCP. Also holders fit both slides. John

Thread: Is it just me?
21/01/2019 20:42:46

Welcome to the club David. I am a founder member and wear the "T" shirt with pride.winklaugh. Another thing that annoys me is when you go to a website but cannot see it for a load of stuff about Cookies. Some sites have a "no thankyou" button, the ones that do not I tend to ignore and again take my business elsewhere......angry John

Thread: ME vertical boiler
21/01/2019 20:16:58

Andrew, many thanks for your suggestion. A forum member sent me a copy of the part that I was missing. I am considering upgrading my account to digital when up for renewal. John

Thread: The Diamond Tool Holder
21/01/2019 19:34:39

I made the tool holder as per Mikesworkshop for my ancient Drummond lathe and as a beginer found it to be one of the best tooling parts that I have ever made. So easy to sharpen for the beginer. I have just made two more to suit my Myford/Drummond M. Have mounted them on a Norman Patent style tool post mounted on the crosslide.

John

Thread: Is it just me?
18/01/2019 23:48:52

I am pleased it is not just me that has this problem. I have looked at it that if they cannot be bothered to answer then I will take my money elsewhere....John

Thread: Mechanical Crab Video
18/01/2019 23:42:38

Many thanks Steve for your latest "Crab" video. What a really amusing and ingenious mechanism. I want one!!!!!! John

Thread: Free High Speed Steel
09/01/2019 21:44:48

That's what I like about this forum. This donation of "scrap?" to a worthy cause rather than melted down maybe to return to us as chineesium tooling. Good on ya Roger.

Have any more members got articles, metals etc that are scrap to them but may be of use to other members?

Thread: Melton Mowbray and District Model Engineers
04/01/2019 22:37:44

could you post a list of meeting dates for 2019 please? Nice running on 1 Jan 2019, more locos and again very enjoyable morning. John

Thread: What Did You Do Today 2019
01/01/2019 21:33:01

4 of us went to a steam up at Whissendine by the Melton Mowbray Model Engineering Club. Had a very pleasant couple of hours and looked at and got invited to drive some lovely locos. Many thanks to the very friendly people especially the ladies keeping the supply of cups of tea and bacon butties coming. See you all in 2019.teeth 2

Thread: Wall Storage Recommendation
22/12/2018 21:25:26

I often see Bisley at autojumbles I bought a couple for £10.00 each a couple of years ago. Well made and take some "hammer".

18/12/2018 21:17:31

3 of us went over Sunday and despite the cold had a good time. People very friendly and informative. Hopefully hangover permitting will go to the New Year's Day steam up. yes

Thread: Optical Centre Punch any good?
15/12/2018 14:16:06

Many thanks Jason.

JC

14/12/2018 21:01:51

Can anyone tell me what issue of MEW the article on making an Optical Centre Punch appears please?

11/12/2018 20:41:24

Thanks for the update Steve. Weather permitting a couple of us are going to nip over. What sort of time do you get going? John

Thread: Hi all from Lincs.
05/12/2018 21:10:47

Hello Coogy the more yellowbellies the better....wink Welcome aboard. I am about as far south as you can get in Lincolnshire without being a damm furinerr. JC

Thread: knock ? engine
03/12/2018 00:04:37

Stan Bray in his book "Making Model Steam Engines" shows drawings for a Clapper engine called "Clarence" this is a steam/compressed air engine using a ball bearing valve lifted by a pin in the top of the piston. Hope this helps JC

Thread: New member
30/11/2018 23:06:07

Obviously from south of Newark, North of Stamford, East of Melton Mowbray and west of Bourne. laugh

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Warco
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
Allendale Electronics
TRANSWAVE Converters
Sarik
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest