By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ian Burgess 1

Here is a list of all the postings Ian Burgess 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Spindle bearing Colchester Chipmaster
23/09/2018 11:04:53
Read and weep: https://axxacnc.com/113060X-113101XHE-10

23/09/2018 10:55:47
Posted by Jon on 18/09/2018 22:06:38:

Here you go done some searching for you. £186 and UK Gamet double row.
https://axxacnc.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=2512&limit=50

Look like old stock

Wrong bearing. Correct bearing is 113060X/113101XHE+10, 60.325mm internal/101.6mm external.

18/09/2018 00:11:31
Posted by Gunnar M on 17/09/2018 21:32:23:

I have got a price for the front bearing 444.-€ + shipping. Yes they are expensive. The rear bearing 292.-€.

From Global Bearings in the UK? That price is likely to be the same across all dealers in Europe. How much movement did you detect and how did you measure?

Thread: Colchester chipmaster rebuild
17/09/2018 12:52:23

This is a very interesting thread for me. I own two of these, one from the early 60's and the other late 70's. I too have a capstan and a huge amount of tooling for both machines. I followed a Chipmaster restoration thread on usinages and the owner stripped the machine to the bone too. My $64,000 question is where did you start and how did align the key pieces? The head swings on one location dowel IIRC then you have the sole plate on the tailstock to deal with. So both ends of the bed to be realigned. Did you use an MT3 test bar in the spindle nose hens teeth adapter and clock it? Also did you compile a list of seals and any other consumables that got replaced? While i am asking too many questions does the tailstock sole have any "rocking chair" motion? Did you encounter anything troublesome apart from missing the hidden pin in the half nut engagement?

Please excuse my multiple question post but it's easier than posting question after question. My compliments to you for taking the time to create this thread in between carrying out a substantial rebuild. Chapeau!

Thread: Owner of cast iron seeks knowledge
17/09/2018 12:29:57

Hello, I have scoured this site for knowledge for several years and finally needed to register to ask some questions and maybe provide an answer or two to other members. I own various machines which are all sprayed with anti-corrosion coating and wrapped sat on pallets because I moved across the channel last year. I don't even have electricity in my intended workshop or a concrete floor yet. The pallets are all set on a large wooden deck that I constructed as temporary harbour last year. It is indeed made from decking and looks like something from a suburban garden. The machinery was posted into the barn using an 8 ton telehandler which was nerve jangling to say the least. All of it will have to be shuffled about when I concrete the first bay.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
Warco
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric July 5 2018
Meridienne; London MES
cowbells
Eccentric Engineering
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest