By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Adam Stevenson

Here is a list of all the postings Adam Stevenson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Homeworkshop
10/05/2019 22:52:16

Nah, they put an electronic one in cus JS kept putting the bar ends in.surprise

10/05/2019 16:24:49

I put the hamster back on the wheel.

Thread: Does anyone know where I can source a Myford 34t change gear?
29/04/2019 18:13:03

I don't think it matters who makes them, marypoppinsbag sold them on ebay and myford tried to get them banned but as it only stated they was Myford compatible no one owns the right to make them or sell them. When Lesley died JS sold them to RDG as well as the few direct customers. You are welcome to list the on HWS.

28/04/2019 13:49:39

I'll let you into a secret, JS made the 33 and 34 out of the same blank so that you could swap them out without having to move the centres. They was a batch made but I don't know where they went.

Thread: Homeworkshop login problem
25/04/2019 14:18:37

Right we have found a work around for the email servers that don't like to tell us that an email is valid or not. We just send it anyway and if the email is not verified by Monday morning it gets deleted. Our server is fast at sending emails so you should get an email within 5 minutes, if not check your junk folder.

25/04/2019 01:59:59

You do not need an account to make an advert, the main reason for an account was the forums which have been deactivated ages ago. All adverts are moderated to stop spam or rules breakers.

21/04/2019 03:16:32

hi Ian, unfortunately some of the email providers block our emails because apparently we are an advertiser that has not decided to sign up, i.e. pay for, their advertising partnership programme or provided an unsubscribe option.

the only suggestion I can make is to add the domain homeworkshop.org.uk and homeworkshop.club your white list, safe senders, approved senders or whatever else your email provider decides to call the white list. Failing that I suggest getting an email address on google.com and adding them to your safe senders list.

You can use a username or email address and password which can be a combination of uppercase and lowercase numerals or symbols and are case-sensitive and for some reason does not recognise O as 0 or vice versa also knows the difference between capital i anda lowercase L.

Thread: Gatwick Drone 'Attack'
22/12/2018 10:00:11
Posted by Clive India on 22/12/2018 09:44:58:

Does beg the question, if the army are there, what chance of finding a source in a real theatre of war if they are unable to get this bunch.

They just find the position to within 50 meters and drop 500lb on it. I think people would get a bit upset if it took out half the neighbourhood.

As for the lasers you would think that the army would be excluded from the ban on having laser pointers within range of the airport. Altho you would need to make sure they was no way they could end up swiping across the terminal block and cooking few holiday makers before they get to the beach.

21/12/2018 00:51:17

They navy didn't bother about this drone, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-40910087

Edited By Adam Stevenson on 21/12/2018 00:52:00

Thread: scam?
03/12/2018 10:41:28

Handing your card over at aresturant can also lead to the person gaining your details. That is why I like the fact that my bank if I have not used the card at an online site asks me to enter a password that is not need in a store.

Thread: Lead Bearing Solder is Banned
09/11/2018 10:47:26

Wait till they find out how bad dihydrogen monoxide is, every one that comes into contact with it will die at some,point. Too little or too much you die.

Thread: scam?
01/10/2018 15:29:23

Hi Bill, sent you a response to your email, the username has no spaces. You might need to check your junk folder.

30/09/2018 11:54:31

Unfortunately the homeworkshop site displays contact details so that people can get in touch with the seller/buyer directly to avoid data processing issues. All email address are converted to an image but members get a clickable link. I may be changing this in the future but still want to make it simple for people to use. Requiring someone to gain some post count means that those people that can't easily communicate with others are left out. Also we do get alot of people selling because their partner/dad/uncle died leaving a vast collection of goodies that they want to not scrap but sell back are missed.
I hate scammers because running a site like homeworkshop takes resources and they are wasting those resources and my time sorting out their stupid attempts to get hold of the data when the mk 1 eyeball is all you need.

They is also a new posting type to allow you to name and shame scammers on the site but please put the scammers details not your own and a copy of the email they sent you.

Thread: M5 x 0.5 threaded bar supplier
19/09/2018 01:13:45

Had to buy some M6 ISO fine bar 300mm long in brass about a year back and used GWR Precision Limited they don't list M5x0.5 but they will make it. Cost about £7 for each piece but I couldn't buy the brass for that.

Thread: Apprentice Pieces
19/09/2018 00:40:07

I started my trainee apprenticeship when I about 8yo with my dad being the instructor. When I got out of school in 91 I wanted to get into electronics but the only way to do this was via mechanical engineering NVQ 2. After about a month I had done the first term excises, yes I cheated by using the surface grinder but had given a valid reason. It was more time effective to use the best tooling, I only got away with it because they had not even shown us how to use the surface grinder and was able to answer their questions about how I had done it, My punishment for that was to strip, service and reassemble the head stock on the Harrison lathe. Sheet metal working was designing and making the cowling for the new welding booth for the brand new tig welders. My old books will still be in the stuff my father had as they never got used as I had more real life training. I did my 2 year course in 1 year and still got my NVQ 3 while doing electrics the next year.

Some of my other tasks was to make a new mud guard for someone's motor bike, help rewire the workshop during Easter holiday, I got paid for that. Fixing lockers with hardened pressed rivets. Oh yer and giving one of the lectures a heart attack when he believed I had got a PO for a sea king helicopter after he told me to get a sky hook, he had asked for a glass hammer just before that so I got the rubber mallet from stores.

Edited By Adam Stevenson on 19/09/2018 00:42:20

Thread: Help with threading woes in Mach3
14/09/2018 12:03:58

Another thing is my Dad, John Stevenson, did a lot of testing with threading and we found that the single pulse cannot be delayed as this can cause the Z axis to stop or jump, the X axis should not be moving during the pass for a straight thread. You need to use turn for treading as Mill only uses the spindle pulse for speed control.

Thread: Homeworkshop login problem
12/09/2018 11:05:08

Hi Bill, you can use both your user name or email address and passwords are case sentive and should include numbers and/or symbols. The server still has issues with BT or Yahoo email address getting blocked because they think we are spamming but i gave up trying to explain it to them. Also it could be that your account has been removed as every 3 or so months I clear out all the old accounts that have not loged in for the last year. Also when registering for a new account it requires a modarator to approve it.

If you are still having issue please let me know and I'll have a word with the hamsters(server).

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Advertise With Us
TRANSWAVE Converters
Ausee.com.au
Meridienne Sept 2019
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest