By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Hill Ruyter

Here is a list of all the postings Hill Ruyter has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warco WM250v VFD. Start problem.
20/08/2017 21:24:23

Thanks for the pointers.

I'm pretty certain it's not the chuck cover switch as the fan slows when this is switched off

I'll open up the front and check the screw terminals as you suggest.

20/08/2017 18:18:25

i have a WM250v (the one with the VFD) that has been working fine for several months.

Recently it started intermittently refusing to start. The main fan is running fine and if I toggle the direction to off, open the gear guard or toggle the spindle guard micro switch the fan slows so it is ot these switches

The problem is intermittent but getting more frequent when I hit the green 'go' button nothing happens I can hear the relay trigger it the spindle does not start when I hit stop and then start again it may or may not start

Eventually I can get it to start and works fine for that operation the next operation is pot luck if it will start

Very recently (yesterday) it has started stopping the spindle while turning the spindle with stop and start on its own until I cycle the red and green then I am back to pot luck if it starts

Anyone have any experience of this fault I am assuming there is some safety mechanism or sensor that is playing up but don't want to open the machine up without an idea what to look for

All help welcome

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
EngineDIY
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
ChesterUK
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest