By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for 34046

Here is a list of all the postings 34046 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: And no-one noticed...
24/07/2018 19:55:50

Chrome says secure on mine

Thread: Domestic 3 Phase, Tariffs and Supplier Switching
24/07/2018 19:24:49

You could try u switch for a price comparison or try Scottish Hydro for a price. I stick with them as they are always more than helpful plus they contact you if they have a cheaper tariff available. To be honest with you I have reached the stage in life that I just cannot be fussed to find the cheapest deal and keep on swapping. If I pay a few bob more more than I need to so be it, as long as they look after me.

24/07/2018 10:13:22

Scottish Hydro charge same price for domestic 3 phase as single phase.

Been with them now for ten years as consider not been ripped off.

Thread: Pickle
21/07/2018 20:28:58

Plenty of one shot drain cleaner on ebay with free delivery.

Thread: Political views within the forums
13/07/2018 17:31:12

Like the reply Joe

Some light hearted comments do not go amiss .

Thread: Is embarking on any 7 1/4" loco other than madness ?
15/06/2018 08:49:57

Posted by Neil Wyatt on 13/06/2018 19:31:17:

Is embarking on any 7 1/4" loco other than madness?

Posted as a comment on another thread but I found the comment interesting.

Bill

Thread: L and Y PUG in 7.25 inch scale - is it a sensible first project please ?
15/06/2018 06:31:47
Posted by Neil Wyatt on 13/06/2018 19:31:17:

Is embarking on any 7 1/4" loco other than madness?

Indeed an interesting comment.

Thread: Tornado Recent Failure
06/06/2018 07:40:46

The best thing about this forum is it is not biased in favour of any one aspect of model engineering - thank goodness which is why it is the only one I follow.

Model engineering clearing house I tried and left as locomotives seems to be the only area of interest.

Traction Talk have an excellent section for minature traction engines as well as full size.

Thread: What have I got here?
19/05/2018 17:37:21

Top picture - suggest two items on left Stuart 10H and single item on right Stuart 10V.

I suspect the flywheel may not be a Stuart item.

Bill

Edited By Bill Chugg on 19/05/2018 17:38:52

Thread: Is Aluminium wood primer any good at preventing exterior wood rotting?
12/05/2018 11:26:55

Coal tar creosote is all we use on the farm for stake / poles in groundwork. However, In July 2003, it became an offence for the general public to purchase and apply Coal Tar Creosote. It is available on the internet.

Thread: Any idea what this is?
24/04/2018 09:28:20

Put this up an ebay and I will certainly bid.

Thread: N.A.M.E.S 2018
24/04/2018 09:24:09

For the small minority that are interested in model engineering rather than things like local dialects, plastic and facebook.

That made me chuckle Jason

Thanks for posting - some seriously nice models.

Thread: I've been looking at getting a traction engine.
24/04/2018 09:19:46

If you want a ready to run one that would suggest contacting Mike Palmer at Station Road Steam and ask him to find one for you.

He currently has one for sale.

24/04/2018 08:00:33

Jason is spot on with his advice.

STW kits come in stages - so it could be a couple of years before complete. Always the possibility they may cease production during that period.

Maxitrak do a  A & P 3 inch as a complete machined kit which means you could be up and running sooner. They are considered a good model by SRS.

Either way, you are looking as around £15,000 plus shipping

Station Road Steam website is worth looking at. The archive traction engine section shows the various models.

Edited By Bill Chugg on 24/04/2018 08:31:43

Thread: Macc Models
20/04/2018 18:45:31

Always had good service from Joe. E-mailed him to ask if all well - had an immediate reply which he asks me to post .

HI

Sorry if people had a wasted trip to Macc Models on 20th April. Today I had to rush to hospital with my pregnant wife, I’m afraid I didn’t have time to put a note on the door as it was an emergency. I am now taking a week off work with my wife. Sorry if this put you out, but I too have a life and family that I have to look after.

If anyone has any issues what so ever with macc models. Please email me and I will try my best to resolve the issue.

Thanks again Bill for bringing this to my attention

Regards Joe

Thread: I've been looking at getting a traction engine.
20/04/2018 13:03:59

Same situation. I went through the process as posted by Martin above and opted for Maxitrak kits.

Did not have the equipment nor an engineering background, and did not want to spend hours learning the techniques and then making one due to other interests.

Also, declining health and years to go were a consideration.

STW kits considered but were too big for me to handle plus they could go out of business halfway the build.

So one inch scale fitted the bill, able to steam it and watch in action so well content.

Bill

Thread: Silver soldering contradiction
12/04/2018 15:46:31

Not seen the article so may I ask if this gap business is a constant for all items or are there different rules for different jobs ie like copper boiler flanged end plates as opposed to a steel crankshaft assembly.

Thanks.

Thread: 16mm loco IDRIS, by Martin Ranson
10/04/2018 16:39:33

Deleted - apologies -  wrong IDRIS as pointed out by Jason

Edited By Bill Chugg on 10/04/2018 17:04:19

Thread: Egerton tool and equipment co - a company in Edgware.
11/07/2017 13:35:49

egerton.jpg

11/07/2017 11:00:28

Would be interested to know if any members have heard of this company please ?

They were based at 247 / 249, Burnt Oak, Broadway. Edgware up until 1991.

They sold high quality model working tools and also instruments.

The tools had an enamaled metal badge with WALTOOL on it.

I have a copy of their advertising and a picture of the tools which I can e-mail anybody as I do not know how to upload.

Thank you.

Bill

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
cowbells
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
TRANSWAVE Converters
Warco
Meridenne Boat 2019
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest