By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for tom hardy

Here is a list of all the postings tom hardy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: piston rings
09/11/2019 23:12:52

amazingly quick and useful information

thank you

09/11/2019 09:15:03

hi

i am building a 1/2 size barn engine from e j winter in australia can i use rubber o rings for the piston instead of cast iron if so what should i be asking for at the o ring shop

tom

Thread: Water Lifter Hose
21/09/2019 00:52:22

thank you people for the info well done

tom

18/09/2019 12:24:54

where can i buy steel reinforced lifter hose for a 1 1/2 traction engine

tom hardy

Thread: the junior
02/03/2019 07:53:07

i am building the junior from engineers emporium

having trouble fitting the timing case cover i can see how it is supposed to fit the gears etc but how does the camshaft pin fit when it is screwed both ends i assume the gears are loctited to the shafts

tom hardy west australia

Thread: regulater
21/02/2018 07:29:12

hi lofty

the regulator is a slide valve i enlisted the northern district model club in perth wa to investigate it they found out that the regulator tube assembly is screwed in the smokebox bulkhead so a piece of square steel tapered was inserted into the tube in the smokebox and gently screwed out then the slide was pushed out with a little force

thank you for all your help

tom

20/02/2018 01:22:54

I have attacked the slide regulator with CRC soaked it overnight in citric acid still a mystery. It won't move. Maybe I should use the gas torch

20/02/2018 01:19:49

Firebox end 3.jpgFirebox end 2.jpgFirebox end.jpgSmoke box end.jpgSteam Dome.jpg

18/02/2018 03:27:01

i am renovating a west australian gov rail 4-4-4 2 1/2 steam loco it appears to have a push pull regulator but it doesnt move i have taken all the bits and peices off but still cannot work out how it works it has a screwed pipe coming up into the steam dome which you can move right or left

tom

Thread: shand mason
29/05/2017 00:26:54

thank you ian j

i will try to make the suction hose this way does the discharge hose be the same as i think it lays flat

i am chasing the articles in model engineer so if you have copies that would be great

tom

28/05/2017 11:42:32

i have started building a shand mason fire engine westbury plans i have the 6 sheets of drawings and the castings. on sheet 4 there is a syphon box which appears from the photos to fit on the rear of the steam box. i cannot work out what it does and where do the pipes from the bottom of this box go to . some photos on the net show the pipes going to the crank bearing the drawing only show 1/16 oil holes no pipes

where can i buy the suction and discharge (fire hose) or what can i make them from

regards tom hardy

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
Allendale Electronics
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest