By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David George 1

Here is a list of all the postings David George 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Sump Plug
09/05/2019 10:46:39

Ian Did you get the sump plug out !

David

Thread: Drummond type m
09/05/2019 09:55:27

Hi Dan welcome to the forum. I have an M type like you and there are quite a few mods and bits I have done to ny lathe they ard in my albums for you to look at. I have bought a few parts from Keith Robinson in shefield you can try him. I will send a personal message with his details.

David

Thread: fly cutter or face mill
08/05/2019 21:33:55

Hi Martin this is the fly cutter that I use it has a solid tungsten carbide piece as the actual cutter.

20181206_080315.jpg

It has a 12mm diamiter shank and a 25mm diamiter body with a grub screw to hold the carbide in an angled hole easy to make. If you like I have a spare carbide piece you could have to make your own. You can run it at a fast speed and get a lovely finish and little or no wear on the cutter. Send me a PM if you want me to send the carbide.

David

Thread: Soft Solder v Silver Solder
08/05/2019 13:12:12

Lead solder is only banned from plumbing for potable water.

David

Thread: Mastiff
08/05/2019 13:09:31

Have you any pictures? Please.

David

Thread: Mamod Wheel hubs
08/05/2019 10:04:10

Try these Forest Classics http://forest-classics.net/mamod_spares_wheels_rollers_axles.htm

David

Thread: Removing a sight glass
06/05/2019 19:51:49

Hi Adrian have you called Warco as no one seems to reply with your problem leak I don't know as I have never seen one of these lathes.

David

Thread: Hello from Swindon
06/05/2019 19:30:51

Hi Peter welcome to the forum I have an M Type just a few years younger than yours and yes you can make a bush to repair the cross slide bush like the one on the top slide. Is the thread in the lead screw ok as that is a bit more involved. I have done a few mods to make the M Type a little easier to use they are in my albums to look at. If you need any further info drop a message. Just where in the country are you based as it helps to suggest supliers etc.

David

Edited By David George 1 on 06/05/2019 19:34:05

Thread: ROHM DRILL CHUCK SPARES
03/05/2019 16:50:45

Try Rohm https://us.roehm.biz/index.php?id=923&L=1 they have lots ofbinformation on there including drawings showing where they unscrew and spare vendors etc

David

Thread: Servicing a Myford 254
02/05/2019 18:38:03

Hi Chris welcome to the forum there are many Myford lathe owners on here and I am sure someone will help. Have you looked at the spares department on the Myford.co.uk web site. There are parts list and diagrams on there it may help with how the motor and guard etc are fitted.

David

Thread: Myford ML10 motor drive parts and belt guard
02/05/2019 18:17:45

Hi Roger welcome to the forum there is plenty of help on here just ask. To post a picture there is help an a how to web page, click in the black bands on the top of the page on the tab forums. When that is up click the web site FAQ tab and follow instructions. I Hope this helps.

David

Thread: Make new crossslide feed screw
02/05/2019 16:47:24

Hi Andrew you could screw cut a new nut your self it is only screwcutting internally but with a different shaped cutter i just made a new nut for a adjustable spanner i used a boring bar with a cutter square to the bore an ground to correct width. Why not try a piece of steel before cutting the real one. As for the thread being in the side of the nut just hold it in a 4 jaw chuck.

20190413_160655.jpg

Have a go you have nothing to lose.

David

Edited By David George 1 on 02/05/2019 16:48:23

Thread: Bridgeport
02/05/2019 16:30:48

Nice looking mill looks like you have worked well on it. It just needs some work to do. Hope it keeps going and keeps producing parts for a long time.

David

Thread: Gib on abwood
01/05/2019 08:23:07

Hi Peter the pin on ones I have used in the past had a thread larger than the pin to extract the pin but they were never used as the vice would be clocked level or at an angle when nessesary with a sine bar, and the pins were discarded as not accurate enough.

David

Thread: Dividing Head for a Sieg SX2P
01/05/2019 08:09:27

Hi I bought a rotary table for my 16v mill and it is a 4 inch size and it has done every thing I wanted but the clamping slots which are cast on to outside of casting cause clamp studs to slip as I tighten it sometimes and I wish I had seen the one at Arc euro which uses slots to clamp with i also had to make an adaptor plate for my one to but th Arc one has one. Dont forget to buy a chuck to fit and make sure it is a low profile one. There is an adaptor to fit a dividing plate etc to there one when you need it.

David

Thread: Dual speed motor on Hardinge HLV-H - Fast not working
01/05/2019 07:35:26

Hi it sounds like it may be single phasing which may be caused by a bad contactor, a loose wire, or a faulty winding in the motor fail it needs a thorough checking with a meter and a wireing diagram would help.

David

Thread: 2mt Myford Collet
30/04/2019 21:57:24

Hi Jonathan you would not be the first person to hold a cutter in a three jaw chuck but it depends what you are cutting. If it is tough steel you may have problems but if it was aluminium or brass you may get away with i but you should get a cutter to fit the collet or a collet to fit the cutter. If you were to ring Tracy tools you coukd get a reasonable prices cutter probably next day delivery is it worth risking a cutter moving to ruin the job an d nay be ruining the cutter as well.

David

Thread: Hi from Manchester
30/04/2019 06:45:41

Hi welcome to the forum what are you interested in ie what models or machines interest you.

David

Thread: Lathe Mill Combo setup
28/04/2019 08:10:47

Hi Owen welcome to the forum but a little more information would be helpful. A name and model would help and if possible a picture or two nay help. To help you there is a how to web page on here, look at top of this page to black band and click forums then click website FAQ tab I hope this helps.

David

Thread: cylinder end cap
27/04/2019 18:18:39

Hi Geoff I would hold in 4 jaw turn boss leaving outside till later and counter bore a 10mm conterbore as deep as the boss for a centre support. I have a piece of 10mm dia. silver steel with a centre in it to push against jobs. Take out if 4 jaw chuck and hacksaw of corners clean up and glue to a bar with super glue. Hold in place with centre support and Finnish outside diamiter and face.

David

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Advertise With Us
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
Meridienne Sept 2019
TRANSWAVE Converters
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest