By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David George 1

Here is a list of all the postings David George 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Face mill size
22/07/2019 11:34:45

I have a similar sized mill but not the same make as yours. I use the face mill cutter to rough out you can use a higher RPM with a tipped face mill, but watch the swarf, and I have a home made fly cutter which is donkeys years old with a solid piece of carbide to give me a nice Finnish cut.

20181206_080315.jpg

Fly cutter

Have you got a bench grinder as a green grit wheel will sharpen carbide tooling and you need a small radius to avoid the tip shattering.

David

Edited By David George 1 on 22/07/2019 11:36:52

22/07/2019 10:40:28

Personally I would go for a smaller face mill perhaps a 25mm one and a fly cutter to finnish larger areas. Don't stress the mill too much.

David

Thread: Lathe tooling
22/07/2019 10:36:35

Have a look at J B Cutting tools they have a web site and you can always call and ask questions over the phone or email. Jenny is very helpful and the have a stand at most of the shows.

David

Thread: Hi all
21/07/2019 07:49:44

Hi Rex welcome to the forum what machinery do you have to help repair these with.

David

Thread: New Member - John Payne (aka knightrideruk)
21/07/2019 07:35:11

Hi John welcome to the forum loads of information on here, if you look in the back threads there are lots of other people's efforts to give you inspiration. What are you looking at a rotary table or dividing head.

David

Thread: Black Oxide coating
20/07/2019 10:02:49

If you plate or other coat bolts and cap screws etc you can cause embritalnent or lower the tensile strength of items but there is no change to steel strength or structure with blackodising which is done by diping in to a caustic solution at 135 deg which causes a black coating Fe 3O4 which us rust preventative no change to steel structure. That is why Unbrako blackodise their cap screws.

David

Edited By David George 1 on 20/07/2019 10:03:50

Thread: moore and wright internal micrometer
17/07/2019 21:31:44

Hi Mike which internal mic do you have, a model No and picture would help.

David

Thread: Hello All from Dublin - Del
17/07/2019 17:06:36

Hi welcome to the forum. There are plenty of information on here you only have to ask but there are lots of old info in the forum threads it's worth a search in there at top of page.

David

Thread: Plan/Design for spanner roll?
16/07/2019 22:25:44

I have one made from lorry side material. You can sew it with an ordinary sewing machine and you can pick up small pieces up from articulated lorry repair shop free.

David

Thread: Osborn UK
14/07/2019 07:31:21

I still have a couple of 1/2 inch square blanks relay good HSS steel.

David

Thread: air blast cooling for mill - solenoid control ?
12/07/2019 20:08:40

I would power it separately as it is useful to turn on and off whilst cutting or after cutting to clear swarf. You can also put a ventory to put a coolant or oil in the air quite easily controler by a hand controle valve.

David

Thread: WT2527 15cc Glow Engine
11/07/2019 08:24:34

Thanks for the work you have put in its nice to see the end product in flight. It must be very satisfying. You don't always see the end of a build.

David

Thread: Stuart No. 1 Build Progress
11/07/2019 07:46:31

Keep going it looks great I can't wait for next instalment. I would loctite and pin, don't do half measures if you dont do it now you may regret it in the future.

David

Thread: Hello from Belgium
10/07/2019 08:06:46

Hi welcome to the forum there are many members interested in restoring machinery.

David

Thread: Lack of Quill on Milling Machine
07/07/2019 21:22:59

I would get a Bridgeport if you have the room there are very few jobs that can't be done on on one.

David

Thread: Mains outlets with USB sockets - safety?
06/07/2019 07:14:50

If I use my phone charger to charge my tablet the tablet posts up a message that I should use the original charger as the tablet charger is rated at 2Amp and the phone charger is only rated at 0.7Amp. I wonder if other items use different Amp rated chargers and what these socket mounted chargers are rated at. Will they overheat if i charge my tablet in one.

David

Thread: Power Feed on Bridgeport not working.
04/07/2019 19:03:13

Have you checked the carbon brushes as they are the first things to give a trouble and secondly the cables have a tendency to break inside the insulation as I have found out in the past. Check each cable end to end and move the cables about.

David

Thread: Injector help
02/07/2019 20:22:04

Bump

David

Thread: Thread Bare
01/07/2019 21:41:09

Hi where in the country do you reside I have some helicoil taps if you think it would help. You have to have enough metal round the thread to cut the oversized thread and when done it us just as strong and in alloy stronger.

David

Thread: Bookpress 5tpi Square thread help please!
27/06/2019 23:10:47

Nice job in the end and nice to see the results as so many don't let us see what happened.

David

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Warco
Meridenne Boat 2019
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
cowbells
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest