By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David George 1

Here is a list of all the postings David George 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Just bought an ML7, what should i do first?
07/09/2019 07:42:07

Hi Shaun, Firstly welcome to the forum.

So many questions and there are many people on the forum who will help. It does help if you give your location as local supliers etc can be suggested. There dosnt seem to be anything I have seen that can't be fixed or repaired e.g. the back gear broken. When you start to strip always take pictures and try and take note in what order it helps. The back gear is not for reverse but it is like a low gear to slow the spindle speed ie for screw cutting and the gears on the left are for feed drive to the leadscrew. Have a look on the Myford website as there is lots of information on there like parts list etc. Good luck

David

Thread: EN24T
05/09/2019 22:13:55

Hi Bernie.

I have in the past made camshafts for Triumph and Norton. What are you making them for. I have some EN40B that I used about 1 inch diamiter the camshaft were turned ground and tufrided. I have sent a message see top of page envelope if you are logged in.

David

Thread: Aluminium cylinder, Viton rings
05/09/2019 08:05:12

Hi Bob what grade is the aluminium. it is possible to hard anodise and PTFE coat but you would have to know what grade as some grades don't work well.

David

Thread: Hi from Derbyshire
03/09/2019 18:39:48

Hi Grenville welcome to the forum. I am just across the border in Notts nr J 28 M1 there are one or two local people around here with similar interests you only have to ask.

David

Thread: Vickers Bl 8 inch Howitzer cannon of 1917
01/09/2019 20:16:48

Amazing work. Can't wait to see your next fabulous work. Had you thought of displaying it at the Midlands Show?

David

Thread: Help choosing a Chinese lathe please
01/09/2019 12:44:13

Hi Neil have a look a Chester machine store not to far to visit and select!

David

Thread: Syil X3 CNC Spindle Failed
01/09/2019 12:35:23

Hi Mike have you thought of replacing the spindle and controler there are many spindles on the web with controler included.

David

Thread: coolant pump
01/09/2019 08:08:00

Hi did you get it pumping ? If you did do you mind sharing as it helps other members.

David

Thread: Hello from Wirral Merseyside
01/09/2019 07:20:38

Hi Neil welcome to the forum. There are lots of information on the site if you do a search about new lathes but it all depends on what you would like to make or mod. Just ask and there will be plenty of help just give some background if you are interested in clocks or motorcycles e.g.

David

Thread: Grinding cup wheel help
31/08/2019 08:13:40

Hi Steve for grinding a HSS tool I would use a WA100 grinding wheel for finishing it depends on the machine you are using and wheel diameter. I have an adjustable diamond which rests on the edge of the footrest to dress the wheel. On a cup wheel you can also use it to dress the side face. Make sure that the gap from wheel to rest is as close as possible. For a screw cutting tool I have the skill to grind by hand most forms using a thread form gauge and a radius gauge set but I have been grinding for 50 plus years. Practice and having good lighting and a solid toolrest helps.

David

Thread: Colchester student feed issue
30/08/2019 07:47:07

Hi Simon welcome to the forum. Where are you, it helps if you give your locality as people local to you know what is available etc. What are your interests there are many people on here from bikers to steam enthusiasts and countless others.

David

Thread: Any idea where to buy a square file 1/4" x 1/4"??
29/08/2019 07:26:38

Hi Adam have a look at Vallorbe files they make any size and shape.

David

Thread: Tool post project
29/08/2019 07:05:09

Hi Chris you don't have to have an angle on the rear of the clamp you only need a step and shoulder to bear against which would be simpler to machine and more stable. You don't need such a large angle on the front side of the clamp which would give more thread length to tool clamp grub screws and then you could lessen the amount you unscrew to remove the toolholder in close proximity with job.

David

Edited By David George 1 on 29/08/2019 07:08:01

28/08/2019 23:30:47

I have a feeling that different styles e.g. aluminium type tips against steel tips have a different tool height you would need a different tool for different tips. and different manufactures don't guarantee a fixed height with another manufacturer.

David

Thread: Greetings from Music City, USA! (Nashville, Tennessee)
27/08/2019 21:42:58

Hi Lee welcome to the forum. I was in Nashville a couple of years ago and as you say I didn't see any model shops etc.

David

Thread: Hi all
27/08/2019 21:33:34

Hi welcome to the forum loads of aircraft enthusiasts members here. What machinery do you have.

David

Thread: Jones and Shipman 540 Dripping
27/08/2019 07:34:24

Hi Mike I have sent you a message check the top of the page inbox if you have logged in.

David

Thread: Hello from Chester
21/08/2019 07:25:30

Hi Kevin Welcome to the forum, there are loads of like minded individuals on here what are your interests.

David

Thread: Dails Caliper has a mystery component in box?
20/08/2019 11:12:50

Hi I have a dial caliper and in the box is a copper coloured strip which is used to adjust the dial if it jumps a tooth. You slide it between the rack and gear and then slide the carriage along a small amount and then pull out strip it may take a few tries to get it right.

David

Thread: Hi from Devon
16/08/2019 21:46:23

Hi Simon welcome to the forum. Plenty of bike people on here what bikes are you working on I have had a James a Matchless twin and Triumph 500 twin before having a 500 Suzuki.

David

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Warco
Meridenne Boat 2019
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
cowbells
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest