By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David George 1

Here is a list of all the postings David George 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: moore and wright internal micrometer
17/07/2019 21:31:44

Hi Mike which internal mic do you have, a model No and picture would help.

David

Thread: Hello All from Dublin - Del
17/07/2019 17:06:36

Hi welcome to the forum. There are plenty of information on here you only have to ask but there are lots of old info in the forum threads it's worth a search in there at top of page.

David

Thread: Plan/Design for spanner roll?
16/07/2019 22:25:44

I have one made from lorry side material. You can sew it with an ordinary sewing machine and you can pick up small pieces up from articulated lorry repair shop free.

David

Thread: Osborn UK
14/07/2019 07:31:21

I still have a couple of 1/2 inch square blanks relay good HSS steel.

David

Thread: air blast cooling for mill - solenoid control ?
12/07/2019 20:08:40

I would power it separately as it is useful to turn on and off whilst cutting or after cutting to clear swarf. You can also put a ventory to put a coolant or oil in the air quite easily controler by a hand controle valve.

David

Thread: WT2527 15cc Glow Engine
11/07/2019 08:24:34

Thanks for the work you have put in its nice to see the end product in flight. It must be very satisfying. You don't always see the end of a build.

David

Thread: Stuart No. 1 Build Progress
11/07/2019 07:46:31

Keep going it looks great I can't wait for next instalment. I would loctite and pin, don't do half measures if you dont do it now you may regret it in the future.

David

Thread: Hello from Belgium
10/07/2019 08:06:46

Hi welcome to the forum there are many members interested in restoring machinery.

David

Thread: Lack of Quill on Milling Machine
07/07/2019 21:22:59

I would get a Bridgeport if you have the room there are very few jobs that can't be done on on one.

David

Thread: Mains outlets with USB sockets - safety?
06/07/2019 07:14:50

If I use my phone charger to charge my tablet the tablet posts up a message that I should use the original charger as the tablet charger is rated at 2Amp and the phone charger is only rated at 0.7Amp. I wonder if other items use different Amp rated chargers and what these socket mounted chargers are rated at. Will they overheat if i charge my tablet in one.

David

Thread: Power Feed on Bridgeport not working.
04/07/2019 19:03:13

Have you checked the carbon brushes as they are the first things to give a trouble and secondly the cables have a tendency to break inside the insulation as I have found out in the past. Check each cable end to end and move the cables about.

David

Thread: Injector help
02/07/2019 20:22:04

Bump

David

Thread: Thread Bare
01/07/2019 21:41:09

Hi where in the country do you reside I have some helicoil taps if you think it would help. You have to have enough metal round the thread to cut the oversized thread and when done it us just as strong and in alloy stronger.

David

Thread: Bookpress 5tpi Square thread help please!
27/06/2019 23:10:47

Nice job in the end and nice to see the results as so many don't let us see what happened.

David

Thread: What method do you use to find center height for your lathe bit?
27/06/2019 07:25:47

I use a 6 inch rule and trap it lightly between the tool and a piece of round metal in the chuck and when it is vertical to the bed it is on centre height, quick and easy works all the time.

David

Thread: Learning CAD with Alibre Atom3D
25/06/2019 17:42:43

I tried to run the fix and it failed to work but I found why.

The .bat file which you download puts a remove.exe file in your downloads and I found that windows defender didn't like it. I looked in the downloads and clicked the exe file and a red tab popped up saying it was blocked by windows defender and it could harm your computer so I clicked a label called details and there was an option to run anyway and after it has run I could run Alibre as to info in the article and now have put in my licence no and back working.

David

Edited By David George 1 on 25/06/2019 17:44:43

25/06/2019 10:01:30

Help I used the trial software on my laptop and after a while decided to buy the licence and received licence No. I installed the software on my base unit PC windows 7 pro, no problem. Yesterday SWMBO was on PC and I decided to transfer licence to laptop. I was allowed on PC to relieve licence No problem but when I go to laptop and start Alibre all I get is the licence has expired and the only button is exit. I thought I would uninstall program and reinstall but after doing all that I get the same licence expired and exit how do I get to install licence No. HELP ! I have sent an email to David but no answer yet.

David

Edited By David George 1 on 25/06/2019 10:02:36

Thread: bridgeport power feed
24/06/2019 14:02:07

Hi Gary the power feed units are available to go straight on to a Bridgeport mill with little or no modification. Ask the suplier to make sure you get the one to suit your mill.

David

Thread: Solid carbide end mills
24/06/2019 09:45:41

I use them all the time especially on hard steel and castings which may have hard spots etc just run them at a slight faster speed it helps.

David

Thread: Is it bad practice to lock my Myford lathe using the slow speed lever
24/06/2019 09:41:50

The back plates on my chuck have a keyway for a C spanner and I only have to give a sharp blow with the palm of my hand to unscrew the chuck. You dont have to lock the spindle just inertia is enough and if it dosnt unscrew after a heavy job i jusg use a small size A copper mallet.

20171024_090744.jpg

20171024_090719.jpg

David

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric Engineering
TRANSWAVE Converters
Meridienne Sept 2019
ChesterUK
Sarik
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest