By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for norman royds 2

Here is a list of all the postings norman royds 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Heartbroken!
16/08/2019 20:41:09

the chemical I use is hydrochric acid it dissolved carbon taps the problem is tirying to buy these days regards norm

Thread: Removing a grub screw
16/04/2019 12:47:01

method I used in the past is to find a small threaded bolt about the same size as allen key and tap into the hole not to hard and gently tune it out used to work on old motor bikes allen screws regards norm

Thread: Inverter drives for single phase motors
08/04/2019 22:00:43

I have a brook Crompton parkinson range mater inverter v220/240 input output 370 w I bought board with dc controller and a single phase inverter and single to 3phase so do not know what it was for but it looks very complex for a fan regards norm hope this helps you

Thread: Is there a way to mask silver solder
08/04/2019 18:59:37

nicrobraz I have a bottle the label is very faded all I can make out green stop off type 11 wall colmonoy ltd but had quick look on inteweb and the company is still going regard norm

Thread: Chipmaster question
12/01/2019 13:50:09

No look on Yahoo page seems to be out off use .I have tow manual but no technical information I look on ebay and the manual look the same has so back you hope you can help me regards norm

11/01/2019 21:13:46

thankyou I will have a look on yahoo regard norm

11/01/2019 18:56:50

I ALL having trouble with my Colchester chipmaster clutch is slipping but I don't think it is the clutch there is a lot end play in the shaft it self and the clutch housing .and there is no information in the manual that I bought from tony Griffiths or in manual that came with it .so is there anybody out with the information that can help me there must be some worn parts or bearing I thought it was the variator but I have changed the oil in variator . thanks in advanced for any information regard nome

Thread: Colchester chipmaster rebuild
13/09/2018 12:33:15

I adam good work on the Colchester I need some information were did you get oil for variator. I from .I tried to find oil off the internet but luck regard norm

Thread: Silver soldering contradiction
12/04/2018 12:52:59

on understanding gap when silver soldering is when doing boiler tubes I dill then ream till i just get movement the tube moves no visible gap but I get perfect joint the fact is no visible gap but movement because there is clearance plus the flux in all joint must give clearance regards norm

Thread: DC motor controler ?
20/03/2018 18:50:08

The one I am using is cheetah SME 2HP input 110 /220 240 ac 16 AMPS 50/60hz output ;0.90/0.180v dc 11AMPS so it give somewhere to start carl hope this some help regards norm

Thread: Bench grinders and their dust
26/02/2018 12:40:14

Good idea ouballie you have me idea how to used old speaker magnets norm

Thread: Boring axle boxes
17/02/2018 11:52:49

I do not now don young design so I might be of no use to you but have thought of soldering them to together and machine them has a pair regards norm

Thread: Anyone shed light on this?
12/02/2018 13:20:49

Has a young boy many moons i worked for company called RCA cutting tools in bury and the company made that type reamer on special order i could not see the saw cuts as special they made from drawings so you would not know what their purpose regards norm

10/02/2018 22:44:40

the item on the right is a broken tap remover they do three and four the one under star dresser is old dye block has the reamer split in it and two look like part off roller box capstan or ward lathe regards norm

Thread: This Weeks Mystery Tool?
09/02/2018 13:03:08

I it think it some thing part of printing machine norm

Thread: Tom Senior suds pump
06/02/2018 23:07:05

I nigel it very dirty job if it was like mine it was full of black sludge horrible mine came from a school i dont think it ever been cleaned regards norm

Thread: Dovetail cutter on brass
06/02/2018 22:51:43

I martin the best approach for beginners is the highest speed and the lowest feed and some times it might easier to hand feed and in time you will learn more about it take time to learn speed& feed & depth of cut and I havnt looked at chart fore years good luck regards norm

Thread: Iscar face mill
06/02/2018 19:29:47

I Andy i just been looking through all the business card and found jb cutting tools.com email jenny@JBCuttingtools .com I hope this help you every time I wanted tip i been lucky I think she does most shows I hope you are lucky regards norm

Thread: What Regulator type.
06/02/2018 16:31:23

hi james just reading your post about dezincification and wondering about it history. and would this include brazed boiler regards norm

Thread: What did you do Today 2018
04/02/2018 16:16:58

Plus every time there been conversion it has cost us dearly the first time 240D pennies in a pound and now there only 100 pence now .plus 6 pennies hot cross bun now cost about 17 pence and even losing letter in our words see wee are losing out norm

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric Engineering
Meridienne Sept 2019
Advertise With Us
Warco
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest