By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ian Skeldon 2

Here is a list of all the postings Ian Skeldon 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Dementia
20/01/2020 17:34:09

Sorry to hear of your sad position 34046. I work in health care and as far as I know there are several different types of dementia but sadly none of them are preferable to any of the other types of dementia. As far as I know there is no way of predicting or preventing these conditions, although long term exposure to head trauma (even very mild) is thought to be one cause. I think some medications can slow down the progress in the earlier stages but it really is a horrible illness to witness.

Thread: Arc Euro Trade website down
19/01/2020 21:23:50

Thanks for the heads up ketan.

Thread: Last Night's Astro Image
17/01/2020 22:25:38

Have to admit that I haven't got a clue about nebula this and that or ha filters but just looking at the photos makes me think about the scale of everything, if I look up at home I can only see a few stars, so to see just how many stars are out there is mind numbing, by the way, please don't correct me about what are stars and what are other things, I just like there beauty and can live happily not knowing the difference.

Great thought producing photos Neil.

Thread: Sound recording
16/01/2020 10:57:01
Posted by Steviegtr on 15/01/2020 23:23:01:

There is a saying . Fight fire with fire. I had the same problem in a terrace house. The bedroom backing on to mine was a young girl with a boyfriend. Yes you guessed. Humping till 3 & 4 am. I complained to the parents & got nowhere. So I set up my hi fi. With the sub up against the wall. When I was ready to go out I set a high base song on a repeat & switched the system on. It was not loud but the base was insane. Strangely the noises stopped. Just wait until they are asleep & give it to them. They will soon stop.

Yes sadly I am beginning to think that might be my best option, if only it was humping, the younger of the two can clearly be heard ranting and shouting then banging the door closed repeatedly for over ten minutes at a time, then maybe again a couple of hours later and now that is nearly every night so I do need to stop it. Might be quicker and even cheaper to upgrade my h fi system.

Thanks,

Ian

Thread: Chinese DRO opinions
16/01/2020 10:46:12
Posted by Bill Phinn on 15/01/2020 23:25:25:
Posted by Ian Skeldon 2 on 15/01/2020 23:18:48:

Seems a bit of a coincidence that his recent feedback is not available !

Most recent feedback is 13/1/20. I see 49 feedbacks for the last month.

Just checked and now I can see the feedback, don't know why it didn't have that available earlier. Of no concern but it does say the seller is based in China on the feedback page.

15/01/2020 23:18:48

Seems a bit of a coincidence that his recent feedback is not available !

Thread: Sound recording
15/01/2020 23:13:06

Wow thank you for the help, this is the scenario,

My new neighbours (well about 5 years ) have got worse and worse in terms of their behaviour, as I live in a (semi-detached bungalow) the noise levels travel pretty easily and are now beyond a joke. Neither of them work and they have drifted into a pattern whereby they are up until about 05:00 and then sleeping until afternoon. As I work shifts often starting at 07:00 sometimes finishing as late as 21:00 I do need to get four or five hours sleep and this is now not possible as they argue endlessly and then one of the ladies slams a door shut repeatedly for up to about 15 minutes at a time then they start again a few hours later.

I have been told that I need to capture some evidence of this behaviour showing the times and recording the noise, which is loud enough to wake me up every time, so I used the video which has no tape. The image shows the tiem on the alarm clock but even going into the living room where the sound levels are make you jump, it barely captures the sound, there is an external microphone input socket but I wouldn't know which microphone type/make etc to buy.

So I will check out the ideas mentioned and see what looks liek the best way forward.

Once again many thanks,

Ian

13/01/2020 22:24:28

Hi,

I recently used my trusty old sony video recorder (digital but old) the quality of the imaging was good enough but you couldn't hear what was being said. Without getting too close and intruding is there any way that I can increase the gain/volume of the audio part of the recording? I expect that I will need to buy a separate microphone but any ideas of which type or even which one?

Thanks for any input on this one as I don't have a clue.

Thread: Have a look at this, view from the chuck
08/01/2020 22:36:20

I wish I had that much time on my hands, is there going to be a follow up ? View from the tailstock maybe?

Thread: New legislation that could affect us all.
08/01/2020 12:29:48

Hahaha love it especially ISO 100-R011 - Orientation of lavatory paper in wall-mounted holders. loo roll indeed.

Thread: Living with an Amadeal (Weiss) VM32L
06/01/2020 21:02:15

Nice looking machine mate and swarf that Jason and Andrew would approve of.

Thread: Ebay being clogged up by certain sellers
06/01/2020 11:47:49

Can someone tell me in simple English, why people are so afraid to name companies or traders by name, you see stupid things like epay or the item was carp. If the original listing was by J Bloggs and Co and was clearly not right in some aspect, why not just point out that J Bloggs and Co have a stupid listing running, is it really likely to lead to legal action?

Thread: Merry Christmas Everybody!
25/12/2019 14:43:04

My very best wishes to all, may we continue to share our passion and knowledge in 2020.

Thread: Warco BH600G
17/12/2019 18:18:43

Wow well found Brian, yes I think that is the machine in question.

Thank you very much.

Ian

17/12/2019 09:27:14

Hi,

I have been asked a couple of questions about the Warco BH600G.

Questions are, Firstly what range of threads can it cut in both metric and imperial in it's standard set up?

and secondly, what size is the spindle bore?

I thought I could just check on warco website but it looks as though this machine is no longer available or possibly I have been given the wrong model details?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks, Ian

Thread: 3D printer recommendations
23/11/2019 20:43:51

I love my ender 3 and found no reason to upgrade, amazing at the price.

Thread: Grand Piano Bolts - 6.6mm x 22tpi
17/11/2019 15:17:36

Well done Mark, I would have cheated and drilled it out and tapped it next size up in metric and let him buy the screws/bolts.

Thread: Hi guys just bought a Harrison m300 and looking for info etc
15/11/2019 21:01:35

I'm green with envy enjoy your lathe and good luck with your progress.

Thread: Fusion 360 Licence Changes
07/11/2019 21:09:59

Oh bugger just seen that Hans quoted an old post, sorry chaps, senior moment and all that.

07/11/2019 21:08:28
Posted by Neil Wyatt on 23/09/2018 15:10:12:

I'd suggest waiting to see what we announce in the next MEW before making any spending decisions

Neil

Hi Neil,

I have read through No 287 looking for some news of a cad package (suspecting it to be Alibre) but other than there advert on page 58 I can see nothing about cad software? What am I missing?

Thanks Ian

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Eccentric Engineering
Allendale Electronics
Ausee.com.au
Warco
cowells
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest