By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Anthony Jamieson 1

Here is a list of all the postings Anthony Jamieson 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Drummond M Type Lathe
03/06/2016 12:11:52

Ahhhh i've worked it out

Does anyone know if the lead screw looks standard? there is a shoulder at one of the screw and i can't work out how its fitted or how it can be removed so i can remove the nut. i was wondering if the leadscrew at some point had been damaged and repaired by adding the part with the shoulder.

you can see in the below picture with the nut, the threads to the right of the screw are very rounded.

img_3736.jpgimg_3734.jpg

img_3730.jpg

Edited By Anthony Jamieson 1 on 03/06/2016 12:13:49

03/06/2016 12:03:33

i'm struggling to add pictures frown

i have stripped the lead screw out and it is heavily worn, the nut is U/S as is places i can move it up and down the lead screw so threads must be ruined.

i was wondering if a Myford ML 7 leadscrew could fit?

31/05/2016 12:25:53

I have recently acquired a Drummond 3 1/2" M Type lathe. I have just started to strip down to refurbish it, overall it seems in decent condition generally but is currently still very 'as built'. I have been trawling the internet looking for some spares as I think I'm going to need to replace the lead screw and nut. I also think I will need to acquire some of the change gear bolts for holding the gears to the banjo. whilst I can find a few spares I'm struggling to find somewhere I can get a leadscrew and nut. any ideas??

also I was wondering if anyone has any experience of the size motor I should rig up, I have got a couple 1 being a small 1/4 horse from an old washing machine and the other is a 1/2 horse from an old black and decker band saw. the latter being my preferred option as it has a bracket I can utilise to attach to the rig with the countershaft. any comments would be much appreciated.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
JD Metals
emcomachinetools
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
MIDLNDS GARDEN RAIL Jan 2022
cowells
rapid Direct
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest