By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for geoff adams

Here is a list of all the postings geoff adams has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: fusion 360 course
23/09/2019 18:15:34

been doing battle with fusion 360 on and off for about 3 years this course came up on mycnc, 3 day course went on it last week well worth doing of the 6 of us 4 were model engineers

got back Saturday evening Sunday did a drawing and the cam and cut parts in 2 hours pleased with myself see photos nothing complicated to start with. the good thing about fusion 360 its free for hobby use. if interested see link would recommend this to any wanting to learn cad cam

https://emvioeng.com/shop/courses/introduction-to-cad-and-cam-september-class/

71337992_2525781614321165_4020851651261759488_n.jpg

Thread: Engraving
09/09/2019 08:43:07

Hi Ron i did this on my cnc mill 4th axis if you can give me the dia to be engraved and dims of the lettering and graduations i will have a go at engraving it

Geoff

img_0884.jpg

Thread: Garden shed find
18/08/2019 15:57:07

one of the regulars in my local came up to me on friday friend s got a pillar drill he wants gone free picked up yesturday dingy old leanto on back of garage the rust is not as bad as it looks started cleaning it today it stands 6 feet tall 5 speeds on the pulleys high and low gear total ten speeds plus forward and reverse on motor dont make them like this any more very happy with my find sorry photos are wrong way roundimg_0934.jpgimg_0933.jpgimg_0931.jpgimg_0931.jpgimg_0930.jpgimg_0929.jpgimg_0928.jpg

Thread: good service Arc eurotrade
01/08/2019 18:02:07

ordered a collet block ,square and hexagon for c5 collets yesterday afternoon about 2 oclock arrived today in lunchtime post

brilliant service first time ive used them will be using them again well done

Geoff

Thread: Remembering Apollo 11
16/07/2019 19:13:43

bit older i was twelve remember collecting i think they were esso coins to put into the holder every time Dad came home wheres the coin thinking he filled up every day

Geoff

Thread: cnc wrapper by richardandtracy
04/07/2019 16:14:41

img_0875.jpgimg_0885.jpgimg_0884.jpgimg_0869.jpgimg_0868.jpg

found this prog on the forum ( cnc utilities written by Richard)i needed to engrave made in England on a 25 mm dia spring housing the first pic is of the spring housing its a project iam working on with a luthier its a mechanical C string extension for a double bass (dont ask i sort of get the idea iam no musician)

its a great prog easy to use to convert a 2d cam prog and convert to a 4th axis see the pics of my first attempts i think they have come out great the frist pics are 3mm high the last two are 5mm high

have used his prog to make a sundial see my album

many thanks to Richard for sharing these progs for FREE have a look

Geoff

Thread: Total cost + import for Tormach PCNC 440, and alternatives?
24/06/2019 18:45:01

i have both a tormach 1100 and a syil x4 with 4th axis brought from new i was lucky to get my tormach second hand in the uk for £3500 came with loads of tooling vice probe etc . my first mill was a warco vm18 converted to cnc ok but have to be conservative with depth of cut and feed rates the x4 is a lot more solid machine i tend to use this for the 4th axis work use the tormach on a daily basis the tormach is a step up from hobby use. A lot depends on what you want to make and material how much space you have for me it would be the tormach i have mine in a 8x6 garden shed

as Jason said you can get an x4 for £7000 second hand tormachs in the uk are very rare

hope this helps Geoff

Thread: Strange clamps
10/06/2019 13:07:06

drill bushes for drill jigs so you can drill and ream in one op in the same jig using different sizes holes in the bush they drop into a harden guide the shape allows the bush to be turned to lock under a cap screw so the bush does not come out when drilling made many jigs using these

Geoff

Thread: Parkson M1250 Beast
14/05/2019 14:40:14

heidenhain control used these when they first came out many years ago cant tell from the photo what model but programming is basically the same later models you could use g code very easy to prog. using there own code no nothing about the machine it self the control was used on many machine tools give me a call if i can help

happy machining Geoff

Thread: ECAM v4 Lathe & Mill
09/05/2019 17:55:46

hi martin

one of my lads has put the pis on for me the first two are of the parts machined on my boxford using ecam they will end up up as cylinder heads

img_0808.jpgimg_0810.jpgimg_0807.jpgimg_0802.jpgimg_0804.jpgimg_0809.jpg

09/05/2019 13:17:27

Martin

will definitely be using it ,used the milling this morning came out great. once you no where to find and use the functions its so easy and quick to use thanks to you

i have used fusion 360 its to complicated for simple parts very impressed dont no why i havent come across it before been looking lathe cam for some time this ticks all the boxes thanks for the heads up on this software more people should using it i programmed cnc mills back in the eights wish i had this then all i had was a calculator no computer never thought then that i would have my own cnc machines in my back garden how times have changed

does Jason B with his new machine know about this software i think hes using fusion

its great that the g code is free at the weekend thick i might purchase the milling and lathe just so i can use all week its not a lot of money what machine do you have? i have a tormach 1100 , syil x4 mills a boxford 240 and seig cnc lathes will try and posts pics later

once again many thanks Geoff

09/05/2019 08:52:20

morning Martin

sorted both problems i had mach3 in radius mode changed to dia. program now runs

found out how to change depth of cuts thet call cut height

thanks for all the help Geoff

08/05/2019 16:40:56

hi Martin

that has worked have made some code and run it on the machine looks ok i did put fillet radius in mach3 dint like the end points and start points so reprogrammed without

the post processor is for a fanuc control can that be changed for mach3 .can the depth of the roughing cut be altered

sorry for all the questions had a play with the milling it looks to be a good uncomplicated prog for both mills and lathes

many thanks Geoff

07/05/2019 13:05:26

hi Martin

thanks for the link the video was a great help the only problem i have is when i select geometry it selects everything no matter what i do, think it might be my cad i use e machine shop have no problem exporting to cambam for my mills iam looking at onshape sees logical and easy to use what do you use? i will soldier on but do need some simple cam for my lathes i have just brought a boxford 240 8 station tool turret lathe iam writing all g code by hand

many thanks Geoff

05/05/2019 17:22:05

hi Blowlamp

downloaded ecam looks good but iam hopeless with computers where did you learn how to use it is there tutorils

i have imported a dxf file for turning now iam stuck any help would grateful

Geoff

Thread: Digital display settings changed and not sure how to get it back!
28/04/2019 08:06:48

Hi Wayne

I have a dro the same as yours and a manual i can make a copy and send it to you or i could get one of lads to email it to you pm me an address or email it does go on about setting parameter settings so you might have hit a wrong button

Geoff

Thread: MACH 3 Display Question
01/04/2019 08:11:00

Hi William

iam in New Milton i run two mills on mac3 and a Boxford lathe that i have just brought its

on its way you are welcome to come down and i can show you on my machines or i could come to you what machine do you have

Geoff

Thread: Denford Micromill software
15/03/2019 06:00:08

Daniel

you could try the denford forum i had some issues with a nova mill toolchanger they were very helpful

Geoff

Thread: New Toy
10/03/2019 10:34:06

Hi Nick i have an x4 thats a bit bigger what you going to make on it i also have tormach 1100

Geoff

Thread: Y axis problem
14/02/2019 09:46:08

Jason you can download mach3 demo and run 500 lines of code with no licence i use this to check my code

Geoff

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
TRANSWAVE Converters
Meridienne; London MES
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
cowbells
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest