By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for geoff adams

Here is a list of all the postings geoff adams has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Parkson M1250 Beast
14/05/2019 14:40:14

heidenhain control used these when they first came out many years ago cant tell from the photo what model but programming is basically the same later models you could use g code very easy to prog. using there own code no nothing about the machine it self the control was used on many machine tools give me a call if i can help

happy machining Geoff

Thread: ECAM v4 Lathe & Mill
09/05/2019 17:55:46

hi martin

one of my lads has put the pis on for me the first two are of the parts machined on my boxford using ecam they will end up up as cylinder heads

img_0808.jpgimg_0810.jpgimg_0807.jpgimg_0802.jpgimg_0804.jpgimg_0809.jpg

09/05/2019 13:17:27

Martin

will definitely be using it ,used the milling this morning came out great. once you no where to find and use the functions its so easy and quick to use thanks to you

i have used fusion 360 its to complicated for simple parts very impressed dont no why i havent come across it before been looking lathe cam for some time this ticks all the boxes thanks for the heads up on this software more people should using it i programmed cnc mills back in the eights wish i had this then all i had was a calculator no computer never thought then that i would have my own cnc machines in my back garden how times have changed

does Jason B with his new machine know about this software i think hes using fusion

its great that the g code is free at the weekend thick i might purchase the milling and lathe just so i can use all week its not a lot of money what machine do you have? i have a tormach 1100 , syil x4 mills a boxford 240 and seig cnc lathes will try and posts pics later

once again many thanks Geoff

09/05/2019 08:52:20

morning Martin

sorted both problems i had mach3 in radius mode changed to dia. program now runs

found out how to change depth of cuts thet call cut height

thanks for all the help Geoff

08/05/2019 16:40:56

hi Martin

that has worked have made some code and run it on the machine looks ok i did put fillet radius in mach3 dint like the end points and start points so reprogrammed without

the post processor is for a fanuc control can that be changed for mach3 .can the depth of the roughing cut be altered

sorry for all the questions had a play with the milling it looks to be a good uncomplicated prog for both mills and lathes

many thanks Geoff

07/05/2019 13:05:26

hi Martin

thanks for the link the video was a great help the only problem i have is when i select geometry it selects everything no matter what i do, think it might be my cad i use e machine shop have no problem exporting to cambam for my mills iam looking at onshape sees logical and easy to use what do you use? i will soldier on but do need some simple cam for my lathes i have just brought a boxford 240 8 station tool turret lathe iam writing all g code by hand

many thanks Geoff

05/05/2019 17:22:05

hi Blowlamp

downloaded ecam looks good but iam hopeless with computers where did you learn how to use it is there tutorils

i have imported a dxf file for turning now iam stuck any help would grateful

Geoff

Thread: Digital display settings changed and not sure how to get it back!
28/04/2019 08:06:48

Hi Wayne

I have a dro the same as yours and a manual i can make a copy and send it to you or i could get one of lads to email it to you pm me an address or email it does go on about setting parameter settings so you might have hit a wrong button

Geoff

Thread: MACH 3 Display Question
01/04/2019 08:11:00

Hi William

iam in New Milton i run two mills on mac3 and a Boxford lathe that i have just brought its

on its way you are welcome to come down and i can show you on my machines or i could come to you what machine do you have

Geoff

Thread: Denford Micromill software
15/03/2019 06:00:08

Daniel

you could try the denford forum i had some issues with a nova mill toolchanger they were very helpful

Geoff

Thread: New Toy
10/03/2019 10:34:06

Hi Nick i have an x4 thats a bit bigger what you going to make on it i also have tormach 1100

Geoff

Thread: Y axis problem
14/02/2019 09:46:08

Jason you can download mach3 demo and run 500 lines of code with no licence i use this to check my code

Geoff

14/02/2019 09:40:14

Jason

not knowing were his xy zero is it looks like if you look at line 260 it goes back to zero then line 130 goes to a start pos of x-28.84 y14.74 then a move to put cutter comp on to y11.74 so you 20.285 will be a move of 8.5 likewise in the x starts at x-28.85 to x-53.234 gives a move of 24.38 i will go and run it on my machine and post some pics

Geoff

14/02/2019 08:04:59

Jason it looks like Raymond is using cutter comp in which case you programme the profile as seen on the drawing not the cutter path

the control will work out the tool path a drawing of what he wants would help

Geoff

14/02/2019 06:42:20

a quick look at your code cutter comp line g42 does not have a d number so the control dos not know the cutter dia and number

have run the code on mach 3 with and without cutter comp with comp 4mm dia cutter it does so funny moves on the bottom left corner do you have a drawing i will try on my machine later

Geoff

Thread: emco pc turn 55 conversion to mach3
03/02/2019 17:16:17

John some photos of the machine had it for about ayear never used it the cad cam is a nightmare get fed up and use my other machine the fellow i got form got it as an ex demo dont thick it has ever cut anything want to kep as much of the machine as possible as it all looks as new

Geoff

img_0724.jpgimg_0722.jpgimg_0718.jpgimg_0723.jpgimg_0717.jpg

03/02/2019 16:29:10

thanks for the link looks good will ring them tomorrow

only reason for mach3 is my two mills syili x4 and tormach 1100 run on mach3 which i know i also have a sieg lathe with a fanuc based control

thanks Geoff

03/02/2019 14:46:25

any of you guys help i want convert this cnc lathe to mach3 or something similar

i know nothing about electronics the cad cam is driving me mad i can programme quicker by hand

could you recommend a firm or someone that can do this for me iam in the Bournemouth area

Thanks Geoff

Thread: Further thoughts on Fusion 360
31/01/2019 17:05:05

plus 1 for las Christensen learnt a lot from his videos and a member from this forum who came and spent an afternoon with me and time on line helping me dont use as much as i should its great if you have cnc machines

i use e machine shop to draw and cambam for my programs

Geoff

Thread: Merry Christmas
24/12/2018 17:32:25

happy xmas Neil

and all on the forum

Geoff

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Warco
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
Allendale Electronics
TRANSWAVE Converters
emcomachinetools
Sarik
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest