By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for BOB BLACKSHAW

Here is a list of all the postings BOB BLACKSHAW has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: A Very Nice Freebie
11/06/2019 10:43:53

Your so lucky Ron to get a set of slip gauges, mine are imperial from 1964 and I use them all the time.

I cant seem to get anything today, a local firm on the internet on the web site stated that any material for hobby use will be willing to sell offcuts. I sent a email, and received one back asking what I was looking for, my reply was just any scrap that was going really, willing to pay. I sent a few photos of what I've made, so a idea what I need, and guess what, not a reply back, I even sent another reminder e-mail the next week. What did I do wrong?

Thread: Small air compressor sufficient to run a Potty Mill
01/06/2019 11:04:31

I have made two potty mll engines and have had both running together on a nebuliser. I have found that the nebuliser has the pressure to run the engines at a gentle speed.

Bob

Thread: Bedford Festival Of Motoring
31/05/2019 11:29:59

Bedford at the embankment are holding a car festival tomorrow and Sunday, weather looks good should be over 300 classic cars.

I have a MGB roadster Mk1, looking forward to the event

Bob.

Thread: Grasshopper Engine part problem
31/05/2019 11:16:53

Hello all,

Ive sorted the problem, its a 3mm stud needed in the axel, obvious really.

Thanks

30/05/2019 11:06:52

Hello

I'm making Stewart Harts Grasshopper engine and have come up with a problem with the eccentric parts 54, 53, 52.

What I don't understand is part 53, with the part rad 6.5mm x 5 mm, is there a part that it fits into. If it does then I'm missing a part on the set of drawings.

If it doesn't then I don't understand how it works.

Thanks Bob

Thread: Backlash on SX2p mill
03/05/2019 10:13:29

Hello all, any idea how I can open the link on Russell's thread, its Drop Box file. I cant open it on my computer, haven't a clue what Drop Box is.

Thanks Bob.

02/05/2019 08:47:27

Can you tell me what bearings I need, and where to get them.

I got the backlash down to .05mm, had no idea that those small screws were there.

Thanks, Bob.

28/04/2019 20:38:35

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realise that grub screws are on the nut, Ill have ago in the morning.

Thanks Bob.

28/04/2019 17:51:55

My SX2p mill has .2mm backlash on X and Y, is this normal or is the screw on the way out.

My lathe which has had good use over four years has .05mm backlash,

Is any adjustments that can be made for the mill, or any other type of screw that will give minimal backlash.

If I don't climb mill it can be a bit light on the handle and can jump the .2mm backlash, so Im always aware of the problem.

Thanks Bob.

Thread: 3inch grinding wheel
26/03/2019 16:17:18

Thanks Mark,I found what I need.

Bob.

26/03/2019 13:10:19

I have a old variable speed grinder that takes 3inch die wheel with a 1/2 inch bore.

I can get a 75mm with 10mm bore, any idea where I can get the imperial size wheel, I've tried looking on line but with no success.

Thanks Bob.

Thread: HP printer on Windows 10
21/03/2019 17:19:49

Thanks Stuart, that's saved me a lot of ink.

Bob.

21/03/2019 15:14:41

Hello all,

I had a printer problem with my HP printer with windows 10, I've tried the help service with HP and windows but cant get the answer I need.

I tried to print 15 pages of a download but it wouldn't print, so clicked many times to solve the problem and turned it off.

I got the printer going but its printing more than I need, how can find the que so I can delete, to stop printing I've turned the power off.

Hope this makes sense

Bob.

Thread: Gerrys beam engine plans lost
19/03/2019 09:49:53

Thanks for the replies, its the Originals. As I tried to download it I had the file on my computer, as Im not very computer literate it was buried somewhere.

Bob.

18/03/2019 20:43:54

Ive started to make Gerrys beam engine but have destroyed parts of the plans the other day, I have tryed to find them on the internet but no sucsess.

Any help of the web address so I can print them off will be helpful as Ive made about a third of the engine so far, the cylinder and valve parts are finished

The plans were hanging on a clip when my gas torch got them.

Thanks Bob.

Thread: SX2p mill gas struts
11/03/2019 10:38:37

I fitted the gas strut 150n, Its ok I can tap 2mm with out power on just using the balance of the strut, but 120n I think would of been better. They are cheap enough so would consider 120n for a swap later, I would recommend any SX2p owner to fit one, I've used the spring set up for three years now, I should of fitted the strut when I brought the mill, It would of made so much difference.

Bob.

Thread: Another new mill
11/03/2019 10:25:33

Going back to Geoff's comments about the reversing switch, I tried the web site but cant find the details. Any help on the wiring please as I would like to fit one.

Thanks Bob.

Thread: SX2p mill gas struts
25/02/2019 16:37:00

Thanks for the replies.

On the video link a question was asked on what force was used and 150n was given, John used 300n to 400n,and Geoff used 120n.

It seems that the newton force is more important than actual size needed of the strut, you can measure the strut needed for whatever with a tape rule.

Bob.

25/02/2019 13:48:35

I thought ordering this gas strut was going to be a simple task. When trying to order on SGS a newton force is needed, I asked the sales rep, but not very helpful.

I thought that G56 15 220 260 was all that was needed, help needed please.

Bob.

25/02/2019 09:03:40

I will order a 260mm today Ron, as I will be happy for the gap between bed and collet.

But thanks all for the replies.

Bob.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric Engineering
Tee London LMES 6th Dec
Ausee.com.au
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest