By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for steve phillips 1

Here is a list of all the postings steve phillips 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 'Bad Referrer' message when trying to view the Archive.
17/10/2020 00:41:49

Thanks everyone for the help, it is very much appreciated. Maybe sometime I can return the favor. Steve

16/10/2020 02:20:11

Hello JasonB and duncan webster. I can report success, using firefox, at first it didnt work either, after much fiddling with it and a computer restart all is well. Thanks so much for your help, I very much enjoy reading the older issues especially on long winter nights. ME and MEW arent for sale anywhere near me. I live in a very rural area. Access to all the magazines is a big reason I subscribe. I had no idea that overseas sales were such a large part of the business and also I didnt know about the disruption . I sincerely hope ME and MEW can survive. Thanks again so much. If I can ever be of help please let me know. Steve

15/10/2020 21:52:03

Duncan Webster, just tried viewing archives 2 times from my phone, error message both times. I am at a loss to understand this. I upgraded to W10 when support for Windows 7 ended. I am not sure where the security settings you are referring to are, on Windows or the forum? Thanks for the help. Steve

15/10/2020 17:32:05

JasonB, I just validated the email and tried the archive in edge. no luck still shows bad referrer message. thanks ,Steve

15/10/2020 16:55:50

JasonB, I have tried Microsoft edge, Firefox, and Google Chrome, all in windows 10. I have also tried my android smart phone. I am at a loss as to what else to try. Thanks very much , Steve Phillips

15/10/2020 16:37:05

Hello Neil from USA. I have tried several different browsers and my android smart phone, have had no luck accessing older issues in archive. it appears to only go back as far as what is on pocketmags site. I understand I am only 1 cust, however the main reasons i chose a digital subscription was access to archive and to save shipping costs. I have enjoyed reading the older issues very much. I suspect other digital subscribers do as well. I have been considering adding subscription to Model Engineer as well, however loss of access to archives will affect that as well as my subscription to MEW . Thanks for your consideration, Steve Phillips.

Thread: august editors bench
09/07/2019 16:53:40

Neil, Thanks from all beekeepers for thinking about someone to hive the swarm. They are fascinating creatures to watch and learn about. It is hard to explain to a non-beekeeper how you can want to take care of them even though they will try to sting you. thanks again, Steve Phillips

09/07/2019 01:52:51

Neil, as a beekeeper in the states, I would urge you or any other readers to contact a beekeeper if you see another swarm. Swarms are a valuable resource to beekeepers and too valuable to let disappear. In my area calling a beekeeper to hive a swarm will surely get you a jar of wonderful honey and a heartfelt thanks. As a side note bees in a swarm are usually very docile and not likely to sting. I am sure you are aware honeybees are under assault by mites of several types and require great care in handling and management or they will not survive. This is 1 of the reasons swarms are a precious resource. Thanks for your consideration and as always I greatly enjoy your magazine. Sincerely steve Phillips

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
cowells
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
rapid Direct
JD Metals
walker midge
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest