By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Hugh Stewart-Smith 1

Here is a list of all the postings Hugh Stewart-Smith 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warco 290V lathe information
05/01/2022 23:22:53

Then there's the 290VF from Amadeal which has the latest spec. with belt drive and brushless motor at £2395.

Thread: Mini-Mill Belt Drive Conversion
29/12/2021 12:07:05

We hope to have belt drive conversion kits in around 6-8 weeks if you're not in a hurry.

Hugh Amadeal

Thread: advise please Warco WM 250 gear Bush
29/10/2021 15:26:45

Hello Dan

If you’d like to get in touch with us at Amadeal, we keep them in stock.

Just need to check dims.

Hugh

Edited By JasonB on 29/10/2021 16:53:55

Thread: warco WM 12 or Amadeal XJ12-300
30/12/2020 11:40:51

Due to the severe problems at UK ports it might make sense to purchase now rather than wait.

I was notified, some time ago, of an increase in the shipping cost of a container from Shanghai to Felixstowe from US$1000 to US$6000 and just yesterday to US$9000. Furthermore, no shipping dates are being given.

Although with time the rates will come down, there may be a considerable delay in UK dealers replenishing their stock of machinery and there is an almost certainty of price increases.

Hugh

Amadeal Ltd

Thread: Broaching set
13/12/2017 10:31:11

Jason, the website listing has now been amended to show the current offering - spurred on by your good self!

12/12/2017 10:41:40
Posted by JasonB on 11/12/2017 14:43:22:
Posted by Hugh Stewart-Smith 1 on 11/12/2017 13:18:12:

but i'd suggest confirming with the supplier as the distance from the ram down might be critical depending on your requirements. .

The set I linked to from ARC is actually a 26pc set and includes extensions which would save any problems if you are lacking in the ram department.

That nice man Ketan even has an article telling you how to use and get the most from your broaches which I doubt the cheapie Chinease cappie will, at least not in a way you could understandsmile p

hi JasonB it was a typo on my part - the set is actually a 26pc set that I came across having 4 extension pieces.

I'm wondering if it was an assumption on your part that the item was from a Chinese seller - the set is actually available on a next day basis so in all probability rules out shipping from a far off land!

11/12/2017 20:38:32
Posted by Ketan Swali on 11/12/2017 13:54:23:

Hi Hugh,

Why don't you just tell Martin to look at your website this link instead of beating around the bush? teeth 2

Ketan at ARC.

hi Ketan, - you know me - the shy and retiring type - that's not my style! lol (lol: does anyone use that these days)

Hugh at Amadeal

11/12/2017 13:18:12

Martin,

have you decided which sizes of broaches you require? A google search brings up, for example, a set of 3,4,6,8mm broaches with bushings and shims for £169 new and including VAT and delivery. They should work with a 3-ton arbour press.but i'd suggest confirming with the supplier as the distance from the ram down might be critical depending on your requirements. .

Hugh at Amadeal Ltd

Thread: lathe tool help
07/12/2017 10:01:02

hello Lee. If you want to be up and turning right away, can I suggest the purchase of an inexpensive set of 11 piece lathe tools with brazed-on carbide tips? They retail at around £25. I recommend them to beginners so that they have a range of turning tools, parting-off tool etc. and can be used (and abused) right away. As you develop your skills then think about the indexable type or grinding HSS or even purchasing pre-formed HSS tools.

These sets are widely available from sources such as ArcEuroTrade, RDG, Chronos and from us at Amadeal.

Hugh

Thread: LATHE BED SLIDE OIL
06/12/2017 23:25:23

When asked, we at Amadeal, recommend Vactra no.2 by Mobil as a suitable way oil. We don't sell it but it's around a tenner for 1 litre.

Hugh

Thread: Lathe Super C3 or SC2
12/12/2015 00:22:46

hello John W1,

you are correct about the Amadeal's brushless motor but we have them fitted to our new small mill, the AMAT25LV, not the mini-lathe. My objective has been to keep the price of our CJ18A as affordable as possible and to that end we now have a high spec. mini-lathe for under £400 (the PL2102). Fitting a brushless motor would add around 50% to the price and there is currently no plan to do so.

Hugh at Amadeal

Thread: XJ12-300 (Real Bull 9512) motor problems.
15/10/2014 11:30:01

Due to high demand we do run out of stock from time to time but we do stock most if not all the spare parts for many of the machines that we sell including the XJ12-300.

John, you are welcome to call and speak to Edward who may be able to diagnose the problem over the 'phone and we would be pleased to be of service by way of supplying any parts that you may require.

Hugh, Amadeal

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
JD Metals
cowells
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
MIDLNDS GARDEN RAIL Jan 2022
emcomachinetools
rapid Direct
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest