By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Harry Wilkes

Here is a list of all the postings Harry Wilkes has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Are we being listened to on the phone
05/04/2021 21:06:36
Posted by Rex Hanman on 05/04/2021 17:38:41:

I have no interest in gardening, I just cut the grass. My partner however does a wonderful job with flower tubs and hanging baskets. I have never looked at anything garden related on Youtube.

Today she was having a discussion on the telephone about re using the soil in her tubs.

In less than an hour I went on Youtube and "recommended for me" was a video entitled "Should I re use the soil in my tubs?"

Other gardening related videos then appeared.

It does make you wonder!!!

Maybe it's not your phone that's listening maybe it's the TV

H

Thread: Little nuts.......big fingers.
28/03/2021 18:20:15

Have had the same problem and along with using Rik's suggestion I also have 3 different type of forceps and a couple pairs of spring loaded tweezers

H

Thread: New member, N. Gloucestershire.
27/03/2021 21:17:12

Welcome to tthe forum

H

Thread: 2 Inch Ransomes
27/03/2021 17:10:24

Nice work

H

Thread: Are we being listened to on the phone
27/03/2021 17:07:07
Posted by Howi on 27/03/2021 09:53:12:

I am NOT paranoid, I just know someone is watching me.

just remember everything has a price, including freedom.

If you have nothing to fear, why worry.

Modern technology is wonderful, but comes at a price, if you think that price is too high, don't use the technology.

If it bothers you that much, become a hermit, remove yourself from modern society and see how long you last.

Come on chaps, lets have a smile, the world is NOT that bad.

Totally agree, some years back I wrote to a national newspaper criticising the then Prime Minister a couple of weeks later there was a knock on the door and a guy said come to change your electricity meter why I asked I not reported a problem got to be changed due to it's age ! Strange my meter why the only one changed in my cul-de-sac and all the other 13 houses were all built at the same time frown

H

Thread: Annoying phone calls
25/03/2021 18:11:48

Not much will change until the law is changed at the moment as I understand you need to 'contract' out from selling calls the law should be changed to you need to 'contract' in will it happen no to much money at stake for telecom companies

H

Thread: Hi from Hampshire U.K
25/03/2021 15:19:27

Welcome to the forum

H

Thread: Covid 19
23/03/2021 20:53:02

3 day's don't you mean 365 wink

H

Thread: Help with lathe motor capacitor
21/03/2021 14:42:25

Mark see is there's any info here link http://www.lathes.co.uk/pools/

H

Thread: That little elf under the workbench again
20/03/2021 18:13:52

I have a small workshop so the gremlins have a field day but I fight back if I do not need the part or have a spare say with nut's and washers i leave it so the gremlins get bored and it lost part come to light

H

Thread: The Secret Science of Sewage
19/03/2021 14:22:18

Just goes to show what sh*t you'll watch when on lockdown smiley sorry just couldn't resist it

H

Thread: Modded 1" Minnie Progress
18/03/2021 18:00:43

Nice

H

Thread: Pictures in posts and font sizes.
18/03/2021 15:06:43

I'm a Linux user and I just change the zoom size of the web page I'm viewing and currently use 130% this is the easy way. I have yet to find a linux photo editor I like so I either use smart phone to edit image or turn on my trusty windows pc and use PSP.

H

Thread: 12V Motor for a Top Slide Drilling Attachment
18/03/2021 09:44:09

mine want to check out Steve Jorden's YT channel he plays around with this type of stuff quite a lot

H

Thread: Eccentric Engineering T-blade parting tool: A+
17/03/2021 14:17:21

+1 for the Eccentric Engineering parting blade I struggled with parting off on my Myford S7 until I started to use a rear tool post and then with the addition of the EE blade I have never had any probs

H

Thread: Minimum equipment for TE build
16/03/2021 18:21:01
Posted by JasonB on 16/03/2021 07:06:57:

The Minnie is a far more complex engine than Myfordboy's which is just a step up from a Mamod.

The original Minnie was built on a Myford and the one in my Avitar on a similar sized Emco lathe with just the vertical slide and a small 4" rotary table.

I believe but stand corrected if necessary L.Mason claimed the engine could be built just with a lathe and drill press.

H

Thread: Making hexagon nuts on a rotary table & mill.
16/03/2021 15:34:40

Phil

I used to make nuts in the same manner as you however I now as suggested use hex collet's and hex bar, makes life a lot easier smiley

H

Thread: Hi from West Yorks.
14/03/2021 18:04:49

Welcome to the forum

H

Thread: Hi from Suffolk
14/03/2021 18:04:00

Welcome to the forum

H

Thread: Steam engine oiler conundrum
13/03/2021 14:26:21

Could it have been where a displacement lubricator was once fitted

H

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
Dreweatts
JD Metals
Warco
walker midge
cowells
rapid Direct
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest