By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Scottmk1

Here is a list of all the postings Scottmk1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Myford wiring
13/03/2013 15:15:20

Hi folks.

I have a Myford super 7 with a Brook,Crompton,Parkinson 550w single phase motor. I wired this in to a Dewhurst reversing switch as per the wiring diagram in the Myford manual, but when I tried to start the motor the RCD in the house tripped.

Upon firther inverstigation of the motor internal wiring, i see two fixed links between terminal AZ-Z and A-T. So, my question is are these links meant to be there? Or are they here because the previous owner had a 3 pin plug wired directly into the motor and the only way of starting it was by switching the wall socket on? I have attached a pic of the terminals for clarity.

Scott

Edited By Scottmk1 on 13/03/2013 15:31:35

Thread: MT3 Imperial and MT3 Metric differences
26/01/2013 17:18:14

Ok, after having another look at this size of mill and what I would like to do with it, I think I am going to try and get one that can accommodate larger work pieces.

There was a Warco MD30B just sold on ebay, and that seemed and ideal size, is there anything on the market of this size under £1000?

23/01/2013 17:25:00

Thanks for the replys and clearing that up for me.

23/01/2013 16:34:40

Hi Joe, Thanks for your reply. I think you may well be right.

23/01/2013 13:33:54

Hi I am looking to buy a Sieg SX2 Plus mill to accompany the Myford lathe I have. I see on the Arc Euro website that they do a MT3 spindle in both metric and imperial, is it just the drawbar threads that they are refering to or is the something else?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Expo Tools July 14
Ausee.com.au
Eccentric Engineering
Eccentric July 5 2018
emcomachinetools
ChesterUK
Sarik
Shapiro
SPG Tools October Seventeen
Warco
TRANSWAVE Converters
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Model Engineer
Exhibition website

Model Engineer Exhibition