By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Lynne

Here is a list of all the postings Lynne has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: shaded pole motor
01/02/2016 23:22:31

John, I have created an album,and there should be a photo of the motor

31/01/2016 11:19:05

Colin, thanks for your informative response.The motor does indeed have 2 stator winding, and 2 shading rings, one of which has 2 leads from it which I now am aware was probably connected to a capacitor. There was once a speed controller which gave variable speed (not stepped) and a capacitor which had seen better days, just a sticky mess, , so I could'nt determine any values the rest of the controller had burnt out .The extractor hood assy is German, and a label on the casing states 'motor 230v, 50hz,230w.

I have readings through the 2 stator windings, the rotor looks ok , but how would I check?. Capacitor type and values? and wiring it in would be speculative. I would be quite pleased to have the motor run at one speed.

The motor has all the characteristics of a ______ from what I have seen of pictures, so what should I call it. I could come up with a few non electrical terms. Regards Lynne

30/01/2016 04:23:18

KWIL, Thanks for the lead.

28/01/2016 22:09:54

Thanks to all who have responded to my post. Having looked again one lead is is attached to a stator coil, however

the other lead is not , I had thought that there was a link from where the other wire of the coil was soldered, to the tag where the other lead shaded ring was attached , and there is'nt. deteriorating eyesight, age related that is my excuse. There was once a speed control system consisting of potentiometer triac resistor and capacitor, which overheated in a serious fashion, burnt out infact. I am not into electronics sufficiently to put together a replacement.. The resistance through the stator windings is 8 ohms, which seems very low.

It is going to be an interesting exercise to find a replacement which is dimensionally similar. The extractor assembly is German , as are the rest of the kitchen units, and fitted over 25 years ago

Regards, Lynne

27/01/2016 22:47:01

I have an extractor fan motor (not working) where one shaded ring is wired in parallel with the stator windings. An internet search of wiring diagrams does'nt show this, but there are so many I may have missed it. Is this wiring arrangement unusual. I would be interested to know a bit more about it.

Regards Lynne

Thread: How concentrated should I make a citric acid pickle ?
20/12/2015 04:36:06

Have a look at CupAlloys web site , best brazing practice, they tell you there.

Thread: Naerok 350 mill/drill
13/12/2015 22:05:00

Duncan, I have a RDM350, and have shimmed the rack to eliminate column radial movement, and upgraded the depth stop arrangement. I have searched unsuccessfully for a manual. The bearings are becoming a little noisy and a copy of the manual, would I am sure be useful to help me dismantle the quill etc. Any chance of a copy? and any other info which would be useful. Thanks Lynne J.

Thread: Myford S7 lathe
08/10/2015 11:37:34

I have come across a lathe which is badged super 7, power cross feed and induction hardened bed, Serial number is KR156510, which implies that originally it was an ML7-R. Can someone throw some light on this one for me. Thanks, regards Lynne

Thread: What Electronic Projects are you working On
08/11/2014 09:20:34

Neil, Thanks for your response. I am venturing into the unknown on this one. The ordering info chart does not

mean a great deal to me, and thoughts like 'how will I know that the pins will line up withe the holes in the

board' etc etc are cause for concern. That is why I was hoping to find a like for like replacement. I wish I was a

little more clued up on electronics. I have the relay off the board, so I will have a go at determining which pin does

what, and as you say I do know which is the out pin. Regards, Lynne

06/11/2014 13:25:12

Hi there,

Attempting to get my de-humidifier operational again. Fan runs, compressor does not.

I have wired it seperately, and it runs, so I have come to the conclusion that the relay is faulty.

The relay is ' LISHENG' LRD-S-124DMT There are a lot of references to it on google, but I cannot

find a stockists. I am hoping that as many of you are involved with electronics,

you may be able to direct me to a source. Regards, Lynne

Thread: Perfectly ground Twist Drills every time.
07/05/2014 04:54:00

Hi, MEW 176 & 177, Drill Sharpening Jig, by John Shepherd, well worth a read.

2nd attempt. 1st showsin 'My posts', but not in thread .

05/05/2014 04:26:01

Hi , MEW 176 &177, drill sharpening jig, by John Shepherd; well worth a read.

Lynne.

Thread: Password
09/04/2014 00:24:59

thanks for the assist re password change. regards Lynne

08/04/2014 00:20:23

Reset password tells me that the password sent can be changed into something more memorable. I cannot find that option, so the question is :-

where and how. thanks, Lynne

Thread: M E W 213 Metric Threads
20/03/2014 23:22:40

Am I right in thinking that there has been postings on this subject on this

site, but not by the author of the article in M E W. . If there have been

I would like to read through them again. Regards Lynne

Thread: inverter
13/03/2014 22:15:47

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my enquiry. The Raglan has a mechanical variable speed control.

I did appreciate that I could simply leave the inverter on a 50Hz setting, but why pay for a facilities that one is never going to use.

My understanding is that the digital inverter produces 3phase which is very close to the real thing, as opposed to the static(capacitor reliant) inverter, and I want the digital version. Regards Lynne

12/03/2014 23:56:37

Are there digital inv. mfg. that do not have speed control etc ? I have a Raglan

which has speed control built in, but I wish to fit a 3 phase motor.

Regards Lynne

Thread: A & R Precision 'Dickson' Toolpost -- Screws Used
15/05/2013 23:52:54

A & R Precision tell me that the bore of their qctp is 16mm. The toolpost on my Myford lathe lathe is 7/16" I am puzzled why the popularity with Myford owners, or am I missing something glaringly obvious. Regards DLJ

Thread: Help
04/03/2013 04:09:29

Hello Chris, I tried what you suggested, but failed. This is not surprising as on a scale of 1 to 10, between computor illiterate and literate I come in at about 2. My son will be paying us a visit soon, so I will show him your post, as I am sure it will make more sense to him. Regards Lynne

27/02/2013 04:30:53

Hello All. Thanks for all your responses. Not understanding the system fully, it has not been easy to pick up the thread. Norman. Correct, I cannot see any photos attatched to any threads. Peter. I have XP which is updated automatically, so as far as I know it is fully current. My browser( hope that's the correct label) is Mozilla Firefox 18.0.2 and updates are installed automatically. I have Adobe in varios forms ie Flash player, Reader X and shockwave player, and I install all Adobe updates. I also have Java 6. Bob (Springbok) I have seen ex Myford employees advertising in Home w'shop, but if I go down the route of bed regrinds etc. I am going to finish up with a very expensive ' old lathe' so I am afraid that anything which needs to be done (within certain limits) will be done by me. Peter, Thanks for the post to Lynne with picture attached, may be soon I will be able to see it. Regards Lynne

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
TRANSWAVE Converters
Eccentric July 5 2018
Advertise With Us
Warco
Eccentric Engineering
ChesterUK
Ausee.com.au
Meridienne Sept 2019
emcomachinetools
Allendale Electronics
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest