By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for mark costello 1

Here is a list of all the postings mark costello 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Mystery Tool.
03/04/2020 17:57:40

Can We see the tool to put the needle back on?

Thread: A few Thou Under?
02/04/2020 21:59:51

Threaded bar can be shockingly undersize, .010" on 3/8"x16 tpi and still fits right.surprise

Thread: A bit of light relief No. 1
28/03/2020 17:11:23

Could light relief be called "dark?" wink Keep up the stories.

Thread: Colchester student 1800 carriage handwheel issues?
24/03/2020 15:35:07

I have a Colchester Triumph and the tailstock clamp kept coming loose. I put a stack of washers under the clamp and found the optimum position then ground a washer to the correct thickness and solved the problem. A stack of washers has too much slack in it and kept working loose.

Thread: Deep hole "D" bit advice needed.
23/03/2020 16:44:53

Don't know, might be ham handed. Just gleefully cash the check.

Thread: A sight for sore eyes
21/03/2020 16:50:56

FIL had a roof done and the Guy carried 2 bundles of shingles up the ladder at a time.

Thread: Coronavirus
21/03/2020 16:46:01

FIL gave Us an acre of farm land. Me and the Wife hauled everything that is out here except 4 things. All the gravel, sand, 2x4's, plywood, shingles,nails all but the furnace which is never used, the well, the roof trusses and cement used for the floors. We moved in in early October and it frosted that night. I could look down from the bed and see every corner of the house, no interior walls, no ceilings The only sink was in the basement. Wife went into town to do laundry. I paid a Guy to frame up the house and I did all the rest. Had a sparky wire half the house and I learned and did the rest. Never had a mortgage hardly ever in hock. Bought blocks and materials early and stored Them in Fil's barn. Handled all the blocks 3 times.Scrimped and saved all My life,26 years on the truck that was just scrapped. I can afford a few work shop toys now and for about 5 years I worked a full time job and came home and made the machines earn their keep.

Thread: Virus Alert Levels
19/03/2020 19:33:44

World needs more 'Stralians and Scots. On Our side naturally.

Thread: A sight for sore eyes
19/03/2020 19:31:00

Daughter is learning to drive a semi-HGV.surprise She is already a yard jockey, backs up 30-40 trailers a day.

Thread: Lucky escape.
17/03/2020 17:21:05

Welding Supply Store caught fire in Columbus Ohio around 30-40 years ago. Some cylinders were heated up till They exploded, one went 15 miles, The newspaper clipping was hung on the wall by the door.

16/03/2020 16:58:12

Living "across the pond" I have not heard of Anyone using this calamity as an excuse for buying any more ammo. We don't need an excuse, I think Everyone is busy standing in line to get bog roll.

Thread: Metric micrometer what t buy?
16/03/2020 16:30:19

If You buy new and do not inspect, You might not get what You expect. Sorry I'll get Me coat

05/03/2020 14:37:57

He's worth too much money and a good friend.

04/03/2020 17:07:53

TV here said it was traced to Someone ate bat soup that had some bat pee in it.surprise Wifey had to go to Doctors for a routine shot, ALL the Nurses were out sick with the flu, the Doctor had to beg and borrow Nurses from other Doctor's offices to stay open.

27/02/2020 15:05:39

Might try a draw reamer the next time, or doing it in the lathe which has the needed length. Don't know how accurate it would end up.

25/02/2020 15:40:34

It takes around an hour of buffing to get the ridge out. Will try a D bit next time He orders.

24/02/2020 16:45:33

I have a job that comes up every year or two for a Customer. He needs a 1/2" hole 10"-12" deep in Aluminum. He wants no mismatch in the middle. I get a thousand or two when drilling from both ends. He notices it and does not like it, even for His application it does not hurt anything.

Would a "D" bit stay straight over that length?

Withdrawing very frequently would slow things down a lot.

Could I drill a 1/32nd or 1/64 of an inch smaller from both ends and expect the "D" bit to straighten out the hole?

Thread: Drilling small holes in hardend steel
18/02/2020 18:44:17

Highest quality work since Monday afternoon.

Thread: Facing off backwards
17/02/2020 16:26:40

FIL used to run a W+S #2, facing out keeps the hot chips from finding You.

Thread: marine steam engines
16/02/2020 21:13:59

A friend was in the National Guard over here. A self propelled Artillery piece had a runaway. The guy was working around it and had nothing to stuff the intake with, so He used His chest. Don't remember if He made it or not.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Warco
Allendale Electronics
Ausee.com.au
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Eccentric July 5 2018
cowells
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest