By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for mark costello 1

Here is a list of all the postings mark costello 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: TIG is harder than it looks
03/01/2021 19:41:43

2 hints that might help

Dip the filler rod in the very beginning of the puddle, not towards the middle as seems to be My habit.

With Aluminum just as You dip the filler very slightly raise the torch.

I am not an expert and will not be posting any pictures of My welds, Your eyes may be too sensitive.

02/01/2021 18:48:25

Just think what You would learn after an hours talk with John now.

Thread: A white xmas
29/12/2020 20:50:29

6" here and -4° for a couple of days or two at night..

Thread: Change display font size?
28/12/2020 18:35:41

We need a "like" button and an electronic pint to Nick.

Thread: edm machines
10/12/2020 20:29:50

There must be an unspoken of club for unfinished EDM machines, similar to the Quorn cutter grinder. My electric box is done and untested.I need to make the burning head and it's ready to go, going on 7 or 8 years so far.

Thread: New scam to beware of
09/12/2020 18:54:39

When a Russian "beauty" says She is in the driveway right now waiting for Me that makes Me afraid to open the curtains. I went and hunkered down in the shop, with the doors tightly locked.winkShe won't pry Me out, the Wife can attest to that.

Thread: Level of qualifications in the UK
28/11/2020 17:29:52

Over here a local Company advertises a couple of times a year for Maintainence help, after a couple of years with no results I went and asked Someone in the Company about it. They said They had no intention of hiring a local native born mechanic. They only wanted illegal aliens. Pay was decent.

Thread: Bearing identification
27/11/2020 20:35:42

As a hint for All Who grace this forum, I have a dollup of advice to add. It's best not to order bearings by number alone. I work with a Friend Who worked the Customer counter at a Bearing house for years and He agrees with My experience. Some bearings are stock sizes used for customization. A 6202 bearing can have the OD or ID changed to make it a different size and They WILL NOT change the numbers on the bearing. It's best to measure every dimension to see if it agrees with Your expectations.

Thread: Who is Right?
16/11/2020 19:37:52

FIL had a 6 volt tractor battery go bad. I found a place to rebuild it. Took it in and asked if I could watch while They "fixed" it. First They scrubbed the outside and dried it off. Then stuck a pair of leads into adjacent cells and check something. Said it was good, then put a mold around the terminals and hit them with a torch and made them look new again. Put about 5 minutes of charge into it and pronounced it rebuilt. It lasted a couple of more years, for $20.

Thread: Cutting copper tube square
14/11/2020 17:20:47

Has Anyone ever adapted a tubing cutter to take a parting tool?

Thread: Sieg SC3 CLUNK and no go
13/11/2020 17:41:03

Ketan, could You send some of Your Minions over here across the pond to teach service to the Companies We have here?

Thread: Newton's 3rd Law
31/10/2020 17:59:05

they probably have never lifted the Wife's luggage, could have been used to anchor Noah's Ark.

Thread: Putting the clocks back
25/10/2020 22:07:56

Same thing happens across the pond. It will miss one time change then make it up some other time. We have to use the phone alarm to be sure.

Thread: Medical needles
24/10/2020 20:49:04

If You have some of the larger sizes They are excellent for blowing chips out of tapped holes. Silver solder one to the end of a standard grease fitting that has 1/8" pipe thread and it will screw into the end of a blow gun.

Thread: Grumpy old men
10/10/2020 17:18:43

Traffic. Working on anything with the Wife, Bless Her heart She means well, bit I have not much hair left and cannot pull Hers. .

Thread: Hydrogen-powered train makes UK maiden journey
01/10/2020 21:09:30

Same crooks, different show.

Thread: White rock salt
01/10/2020 21:04:57

How does One get a Duck to stay still to be milked? wink

Thread: Oouch hot fingers
01/10/2020 20:31:57

I was told in My apprenticeship that a light brown.on the edge did not hurt, but "They" better not see Me turning the tool bit blue.

Thread: Walton broken tap extractor
30/09/2020 18:47:30

They seem to work about as much as an Easy-out, sometimes You win.

Thread: Rust and camphor
30/09/2020 18:35:55

We just put a small slit in the cello and that's all, reminded Me to check mine as it's been 5-6 years since I looked at it. I will start putting a date on it.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Support Our Partners
cowells
EngineDIY
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
ChesterUK
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest