By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for pete hammond

Here is a list of all the postings pete hammond has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Holding End Mill on small lathe
15/03/2020 08:57:42

Hello,

Just a thought - if it is only a very occasional or one off requirement then I, or an other enthusiast local to you, with a slightly better equipped shed/workshop could do the job or allow you to do the job (under supervision- we tend to be precious about our tools).

I'm Bucks based so if you are local - I'm offering.

From this you may also see how others work/get by.

And in this modern age it is still - good to actually meet like minded people and talk!

Pete

P.S. Risk assessment, liability etc. are all topics for another time.

Thread: Chester Crusader Motor
08/02/2020 10:05:17

Jimmy,

pm sent- by Crusader user - that would be 'red or white' grape full!

Pete

Thread: Denford Novamill
04/02/2020 19:40:38

Mike,

Welcome!

Pre - recent retirement and following an engineering career, I provided apprentice training and assessment for a few years in the engineering workshops of local ( Bucks) industry, any and all exposure to 'making things' in school is to be applauded in preparation for considering these career options.

I am well aware how hard it is to produce 'interesting student projects' particularly for groups of learners and as an example the most popular with learners was the -desk holder for the mobile phone. The holder could be in a variety of materials and production methods. (Not actually a V block but required similar skills.)

Like others I would be interested in the mill and pay a fair price, collection is no problem.

Best Regards

Pete

Thread: Ally Pally Exhibition
16/01/2020 22:09:12

On the basis of use it or lose it - I attend the two exhibitions relatively local to me each year,

Midland and Ally P ally, like most people I grumble about cost of a tea bag in a paper cup- buy a (very) few bits but generally enjoy the day out and importantly recognise I am not the only person enjoying 'me time' in the shed most days.

I could probably like many of us close my eyes and picture a 'walk round ' the exhibition BUT if I don't go I may miss something new /fail to identify a new project, so I and hopefully many of you will make the effort to support our exhibitions for years to come.

I will be there tomorrow (Friday) and if any one wants to talk engineering from draw filing to bench top CNC- I will be the one with the HAT Fun Union Jack hat. - I talk/listen to all - in fact chatting in the corridor queue is another good reason for going!

Pete Hammond

Thread: Pete Bucks
15/09/2018 13:29:14

Thank you for the welcome.

I have been lurking so long I feel I know some of you! I value all opinions but tread my own path based on others advice/own experience and limited depth of my wallet.

Fancy a smaller lathe than my Chester Crusader for those small more delicate jobs.

MOD trained engineering instrumentation/electronics apprentice over 40 years ago and been fortunate with an enjoyable R&D career to 'keep my hand in'.

Most jobs these days for historic karts.

Pete

Thread: Junior Hacksaw Blades
14/09/2018 21:07:02

The beauty of an old/well lived workshop is- you tidy up behind a bench or cupboard and find new unused but old in years, meaning sharp and good ,hack saw blades other similar goodies and lots of swarf that's out to get you!

Thread: Pete Bucks
14/09/2018 20:01:24

Been lurking,want to buy lathe listed ,so need to 'come out' to those I hope will be friendly,

Pete

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ChesterUK
Eccentric July 5 2018
Warco
Ausee.com.au
cowells
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest