By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bernard Reilly

Here is a list of all the postings Bernard Reilly has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: WM180 change wheels
22/10/2020 14:10:14

Wm180 change gears further to my post I as advised contacted You- Engraving .com. He supplied all the gears required in Delrin at a fair price a few spares. My lathe is now running a lot noise free therefore no more infernal din from the metal gears supplied by Warco. I have have no connection with company only a satisfied customer.

Bernard Glasgow.

Thread: Draper belt disc sander 50021
21/10/2020 14:18:36

Hi has anyone replaced Draper belt disc sander model No 50021 motor .Original motor has fours power leads . Replacement motor has just got three power leads as supplied. Therefore wiring diagram required.

Bernard Reilly Glasgow.

Edited By Bernard Reilly on 21/10/2020 14:21:38

Edited By Bernard Reilly on 21/10/2020 14:25:53

Thread: Wm180 change gears
22/09/2020 10:58:22

Hi can any WM180 lathe owner enlighten me as to the change wheel tooth form profile for this machine. Warco could not supply this information. I intend to manufacture a set of change wheels in Delrin for the leadscrew feed unit only. I require 5 off 20.24,72,80 x 2. Manufacture is not a problem however I do need to know what involute cutter to purchase.

Thank you Bernard Reilly by Glasgow.

Thread: WM180 change wheels
22/08/2020 12:11:12

Hi all I have just recently purchased a Warco WM180 lathe. The machine runs very well however the fine feed selection gear wheels run very noisy. Over greasing them would possibly cause belt slippage to the motor drive. I am open to ideas from anyone who has experienced of this problem.

Thank you Bernard Reilly Scotland.

Thread: WM180 lathe
17/06/2020 15:01:21

Hi all can anyone advise me if the tailstock tooling for WM180 lathe requires to be shortened similar to the standard mini lathe. It appears to be similar in many ways.

Thank you Bernard Reilly Glasgow.

Thread: GCS900-2BD
09/05/2020 19:15:10

For some reason I can not access bolt hole function on my model GCS900-2DB DRO. I am receiving message of data error when I switch to bolt hole circle. All other functions operate as they should. Any help would be appreciated .

Thank you B Reilly Glasgow.

Thread: Gas Strut
04/03/2020 20:17:57

Hi all can anyone inform me how critical a gas strut needs to be set in relation to

column and dovetail head slide on my WM16 vertical milling machine.

Thread: Info required
28/12/2019 14:30:31

Hi thanks to all for informative reply's. In answer to not done it yes the object of the exercise is to purely to overcome the weight of the head on manual lift operation.. I have come across a short video on U Tube showing the installation of a gas strut on a rack operated head system. Would a gas strut work on a leadscrew & nut system. ? I just want to keep things a simple as possible as not into electronics.

Many thanks and a happy New Year to all B. Reilly Glasgow.

26/12/2019 13:32:17

A happy Christmas to all. Has any one fitted a power assisted mill head lift to any of these machines or something similar. A web search revealed images of head hand wheel relocated to bottom of column however no article write up.

Thread: WM16- B mill
02/10/2019 14:50:39

Hi all has anyone built & installed a power feed unit to the X axis of a Warco WM16-B . I require it to be located on the left hand side of the machine.

Thread: WM16B mill
09/08/2019 20:13:13

HI thanks al forum members who responded to my post. I now have a fair idea of what is involved in installing a DRO system on my newly purchased WM16 B milling machine.

Bernard Reilly Glasgow.

07/08/2019 15:44:34

Hi has anyone fitted a X & Y axis DRO to a Warco WM16B mill. X axis would have to be fitted to work table front edge otherwise Y axis travel would be restricted. Just weighing up the pros & cons.

Thread: WM16 Mill
08/07/2019 13:49:36

Wm14 Mill thanks to all for valuable info. received. One more question does any know the hole pitch for securing this item to a stable work bench. The base tray does indicate this information. Thanks to all again B Reilly By Glasgow

07/07/2019 19:02:17

Hi all WM16 mill owners can someone please advise me of the minimum floor space required to install this machine which I hope to purchase soon.

Thank you Bernard Reilly By Glasgow.

Thread: WHERE ARE THE SHAPER USERS ?
09/02/2019 19:32:31

I have an Alb 1 A for twenty years now and would not part wit it for all the tea in China. Saves a fortune in milling cutters into the bargain. Shapers are greatly underestimated machine tool as to their usefulness and versatility.

B Reilly Glasgow

Thread: Ring Light for mill/drill
03/08/2018 22:35:57

Hi all can anyone put me in touch with someone who would be prepared to make up a ring light for my RF25 mill/drill. I have a suitable 4 inch adapter plate .The unit could be powered from a mobile phone charger. I do not posses electronic knowledge to take on this project myself. I would to pay be happy to pay for this service provided it is not an arm or a leg.

Thank you Bernard Reilly Glasgow,

Thread: Mill chuck advice needed
29/03/2018 16:22:47

I recently purchased a ER 32 x 3 MT collet chuck from Bang Good.com at £18 approx. On checking with a DTI I same results as video posted. More that good enough for my needs

B Reilly Glasgow.

Thread: Using Chalk to Centre a 4-Jaw?
29/11/2017 20:21:29

I have used all the methods suggested but prefer my DTI mounted in a QCT. I know of a chap who used the lathe chuck key in a similar manner to the chalk method .For the life of me I do not know how he knew what chuck jaw to adjust.. Needless to say he was a time served turner.

B. Reilly Glasgow.

Thread: Free Plans
30/08/2017 22:29:20

Hi All can anyone advise me of free plans available for a basic horizontal mill engine from bar stock.Due to vision problems I would maybe have to scale up in order to avoid small fiddly items.

Thread: The smallest one ever???
19/03/2017 16:11:53

Hi all not hijacking a this post just reminiscing I was a time served heavy machinist and had a long association with Planers Plano /Millers Shaping and Slotting machines. it was common for heavy swarf from the planer to fall and set fire to the duckboards. At almost 78 years of age still get a yearning to be at the controls of a planer. However I still make use of my Alba 10 inch shaper which save me a fortune in milling cutters.

B. Reilly Glasgow.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
rapid Direct
walker midge
emcomachinetools
Warco
Eccentric July 5 2018
JD Metals
Eccentric Engineering
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest