By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by allandale

ML7

Bits that go "ping" during a rebuild of the headstock.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kris Lehane21/04/2018 23:24:26
11 forum posts

Hi All. OK, so the belt on my 7 needed changing. So I stripped it down, shims are sorted, One of the cracked plastic oilers has been repaired, got an Old ML7 user's guide.. But one tiny bit of a pair of tiny nuts escaped.. I have shown it to a few people, and been met with blank looks. Not threaded, square nut, appears to be made of brown plastic.. What's it made of! Blowed if I am annoying RDG or parcel farce for such a tiny item. Any clues? Hopefully the pic will upload, but it is hidden within the ball joint, to the RHS of the primary drive spindle, clutch and flywheel on other end. It is part of the mechanism that goes L & R, small lever that engages. Not the One that you pull up and down to engage the friction drive. My guess is Tufnol.. Not Paxolin..mm

Brian Wood22/04/2018 17:03:18
1521 forum posts
35 photos

There wasn't a picture Kris, it would help a lot in pinning down the problem site

Regards

Brian

Rick Kirkland 122/04/2018 17:59:50
173 forum posts

It isn't a pair of nuts. It's a pair of thrust blocks, one fits either side of the clutch actuating lever pivot.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Engineering? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Eccentric Engineering
Ausee.com.au
Expo Tools July 14
Shapiro
Allendale Electronics
Sarik
SPG Tools October Seventeen
emcomachinetools
Warco
TRANSWAVE Converters
ChesterUK
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Model Engineer
Exhibition website

Model Engineer Exhibition