Forum sponsored by allandale

Finished Fobco Star!

Before and after photos

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Madhatter24/09/2017 16:41:33
17 forum posts

Afternoon all,

Firstly, many Thanks to all that have assisted me with the wiring and Colin for supplying the on off switch stickers, the star was not in what I would call it poor condition but did have chips to the paint. It was taken back and re-painted but the coach paint which arrived was more creamy than yellow. I have contemplated changing it but since then it seems to have grown on me.

The bed did have the smile of shame and I used JB weld to fill and finish, it looks ok and is adequate for my needs. I also changed the British Made sticker with a water slide one.

The belt is the original Fobco and has virtually no wear so I have kept that, I have also noticed how incredibly quiet it is.

Now, just to make my mind up which vice to get.

Here is the before and after galleries:

Before :

**LINK**

After:

**LINK**

Vic24/09/2017 16:55:54
1301 forum posts

Very nice job. It looks great in its new paint job.

Philip Rowe25/09/2017 16:27:04
65 forum posts
2 photos

Madhatter,

I just tried to view your galleries and I get a "Gallery does not exist" error message. Have you taken the pics down or have I got some other kind of problem?

As I have a Star that I bought new around 1976 I am particularly interested in how the paint on mine has faired compared to your before and after shots.

Phil

Andrew Tinsley25/09/2017 18:12:41
532 forum posts

Yes, I am in the same boat, no pictures are on the link, only error messages. I would very much like to see the before and after pictures!

Andrew.

Madhatter26/09/2017 00:23:23
17 forum posts
Posted by Madhatter on 24/09/2017 16:41:33:

Afternoon all,

Firstly, many Thanks to all that have assisted me with the wiring and Colin for supplying the on off switch stickers, the star was not in what I would call it poor condition but did have chips to the paint. It was taken back and re-painted but the coach paint which arrived was more creamy than yellow. I have contemplated changing it but since then it seems to have grown on me.

The bed did have the smile of shame and I used JB weld to fill and finish, it looks ok and is adequate for my needs. I also changed the British Made sticker with a water slide one.

The belt is the original Fobco and has virtually no wear so I have kept that, I have also noticed how incredibly quiet it is.

Now, just to make my mind up which vice to get.

Here is the before and after galleries:

Before :

**LINK**

After:

**LINK**

Apologies, I messed up the links on the site, here they are again, should be ok now.

mechman4826/09/2017 10:41:28
1633 forum posts
290 photos

Nice job Madhatter, well done, looks nice.

George.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Engineering? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
SPG Tools October Seventeen
Meridienne Mid Mod Eng Show. Aug 21
Expo Tools July 14
Shapiro
Ausee.com.au
Warco
TRANSWAVE Converters
Allendale Electronics
Reeves 2000
PaulTheCad
ChesterUK
Eccentric Engineering
emcomachinetools
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Model Engineer
Exhibition website

Model Engineer Exhibition