Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by allandale

G'day from Australia

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Matthew Gischus19/05/2017 16:12:28
1 forum posts

Hi all,

My name is Matthew and I live in East Gippsland Victoria Australia.

I am a long time reader of Model Engineers Workshop (12 years)

I am 43 years old and am/was a Machinist - Fabricator. I had an accident in 2001

and broke my spine in 3 places, these days I still work, but on a job by job basis providing I feel up to it.

As you can guess I still have loads of issues with my back and cold days or long days on my feet can have me bed ridden for days at a time. So the upshot is I need to be careful.

Anyway I am pleased to meet you and look forward to loads or reading and contributing to the forum.

Matt

Neil Wyatt19/05/2017 18:38:42
10060 forum posts
481 photos
59 articles

Hello Matt,

Welcome to the forum, at least you have more warm days than cold, unlike in this soggy, cloud-wrapped country!

Neil

clogs19/05/2017 21:01:20
250 forum posts
12 photos

Hear, Hear......thats why I left.........enjoyed California and Arizona......mmmmmm Sun.......

just take care........a Sheila massage might help.......hahaha..........clogs

Andrew Evans19/05/2017 21:48:13
141 forum posts
Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. We had a great camping holiday in Gippsland a few years ago, beautiful area. We were around Croajingalong, Errinundra and Mallacoota at the time of the black Friday forest fires. The ocean there is freezing! Andy
Hopper19/05/2017 22:11:10
1688 forum posts

Welcome from Cairns. I hear where you are coming from. Bit of ME related work in the shed is the only thing that has gotten me through years of chronic illness. Best therapy there is.

SillyOldDuffer20/05/2017 09:45:19
1479 forum posts
331 photos

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the forum. Nasty accident.

I consider myself to be an expert on Victoria due to watching the 'Doctor Blake Mysteries' on TV.

The background shots and 1960 Australian setting are fascinating to a foreigner. One thing I notice is that Ballarat seems to have lots of wonderful ornamental ironwork. Is that typical, or just part of the drama?

Australia being a big place, apologies in advance if East Gippsland is nowhere near Ballarat!

Dave

Bill Wood 221/05/2017 02:01:01
113 forum posts
6 photos

G'day Matt,

Welcome to forum.

I live in middle of Latrobe Valley.

There is a mob in Traralgon that play around with model steam trains - I think its the last Sunday of every month, you might find it interesting to have a look. **LINK**

TotalTools in Traralgon have a really good sale once a year and people tell me things go for very good prices, havent been myself yet - they recently opened a huge new shop on the Princes Highway on the way out to East Gippsland. I enjoy going there now and then ....window shopping for when I win the lottery.

Bill

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Engineering? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Ausee.com.au
Advertise With Us
Reeves 2000
ChesterUK
Allendale Electronics
emcomachinetools
Warco
PaulTheCad
Eccentric Engineering
TRANSWAVE Converters
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Visit the Model Engineer
Exhibition website

Model Engineer Exhibition